Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sigh, a rock hit my windshield while I was driving on the freeway in my G70 3.3T Sport. The crack immediately started growing across a quarter of the windshield and hasn't stopped. I got a quote from my dealer to replace it: $1631.47. Ouch.

I filed a claim with my insurance, and I'll see how that goes. But just wanted everyone to know how much that darn windshield is to replace!!! I'm pretty sure it has to do with all those sensors attached to it...
Most policies offer full glass coverage pretty cheap. All I had to do was call my agent and the glass company did it where I worked.

Sucks to lose one early on. Best after a lot of miles when they start getting pitted.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did yours have all those sensors in it too?

Edit:
Lol I just got what you said. I remember the Genesis dealer telling me they need to call in a 3rd party...
You are not the first. Take a look at this thread.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks EdP. But would you really trust someone other than the dealer? All those sensors..... I'll attach some pics.
Who would you trust more? The dealer that does a few windshields a year or the guy that does six a day? In any case, it is common to take it to the dealer to have the sensors and cameras aligned.

Many dealers just call a glass guy to come in and do the job.

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
With some cars, a certain spec option windshield has to be used if the car has a HUD. I want to say it has to do with how the HUD reflects the images to the driver. Is that the case with Genesis as well?

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just had my windshield replaced and the cost is totally outrageous. This made my $2000 Cilajet paint protection package pay for itself once already as it comes with 2 full windshield replacements in a ten year span.

marianne

Registered Member
Denver, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just had my windshield replaced and the cost is totally outrageous. This made my $2000 Cilajet paint protection package pay for itself once already as it comes with 2 full windshield replacements in a ten year span.
Was the Cilajet paint protection package an add-on that you purchased when you bought your G70? I'm looking to buy one soon and I may opt for this if it's available after reading this thread. And ouch on that repair cost!

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was the Cilajet paint protection package an add-on that you purchased when you bought your G70? I'm looking to buy one soon and I may opt for this if it's available after reading this thread. And ouch on that repair cost!
Yeah the dealer I purchased through offers Cilajet packages. The car I bought was used as a dealer demo model near the Edmonton airport, and it had a pretty nasty windshield crack towards the bottom. I have to imagine once Cilajet sees how much the windshields are costing on the G70 they might want to reconsider the two windshield replacement in 10 years for this car.