G70 winter floor mats

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve been debating between the weathertech floor mats and the Genesis OEM mats. The Genesis mats are $200 plus tax and the weathertech are $160 plus tax. I went to look at the Genesis floor mats and I really liked them. I have the weathertech in my wife’s vehicle. They work very well, are very easy to put in and take out, and are easy to clean.

I wanted something that looks good (well as good as a floor mat can look I guess), are easy to clean and easy to take in and out. I considered the tuxmats but they are more than I need. I don’t want that much coverage as I regularly clean my car even in winter.

I ended up purchasing the Genesis OEM mats. What I liked about them is I think they look the best out of all the mats. They have a textured finish to them that visually adds to their look. They are easy to put in and take out. As an added bonus the textured finish makes them grippy so your feet don’t slide on them. A few muddy footprints on them easily wiped off with a spray of my interior cleaner and a microfiber.

Here are a few pictures for anyone considering them in the future.

Attachments

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'll be able to sell the Genesis OEM all weather mats for $180 + shipping. Retail on them is $225. However, if they are in the same size box the G90 mats are in, UPS considers them "oversized" so shipping isn't cheap. Just sent a set to Maryland, or somewhere in the NE this week and shipping was $30. Still saved money from what his dealer would sell them for. Going to do some research on FedEx and see if it's any cheaper.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve been debating between the weathertech floor mats and the Genesis OEM mats. The Genesis mats are $200 plus tax and the weathertech are $160 plus tax. I went to look at the Genesis floor mats and I really liked them. I have the weathertech in my wife’s vehicle. They work very well, are very easy to put in and take out, and are easy to clean.

I wanted something that looks good (well as good as a floor mat can look I guess), are easy to clean and easy to take in and out. I considered the tuxmats but they are more than I need. I don’t want that much coverage as I regularly clean my car even in winter.

I ended up purchasing the Genesis OEM mats. What I liked about them is I think they look the best out of all the mats. They have a textured finish to them that visually adds to their look. They are easy to put in and take out. As an added bonus the textured finish makes them grippy so your feet don’t slide on them. A few muddy footprints on them easily wiped off with a spray of my interior cleaner and a microfiber.

Here are a few pictures for anyone considering them in the future.
I agree. The OEM Genesis mats look the best.

Dpaulc

Registered Member
I'll be able to sell the Genesis OEM all weather mats for $180 + shipping. Retail on them is $225. However, if they are in the same size box the G90 mats are in, UPS considers them "oversized" so shipping isn't cheap. Just sent a set to Maryland, or somewhere in the NE this week and shipping was $30. Still saved money from what his dealer would sell them for. Going to do some research on FedEx and see if it's any cheaper.
I'm very much interested. Northwest Chicago burbs (60030).

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The OEM mats do look good, but i went with the Mat Metrics custom mats. Impressive build quality and unique look. They have removable wear mats for easy cleaning. Very robust feeling and they do not crush down underfoot.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just bought them for $224 shipped and I live 20 min from Maryland in Northern VA.

Wish I saw this post earlier but then again, is it worth only saving 14 dollars ($180+$30 shipping = $210) and risking buying it from someone I don't know in a forum? you're really only saving 10 dollars after the coupon
The OEM mats do look good, but i went with the Mat Metrics custom mats. Impressive build quality and unique look. They have removable wear mats for easy cleaning. Very robust feeling and they do not crush down underfoot.
Do you have a photo?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The OEM looks nice but does not cover the side carpeted areas. If you wore boots, the sides would be salt stained at the end of the season with the OEM mats.
I like my Tux Mats. Hopefully it won't be a pain to clean!

CoVaG70

Hampton Roads, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
John,

I am also interested in a set of OEM mats for the G70 (shipped to 23435). Please let me know details.

Steve

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm very much interested. Northwest Chicago burbs (60030).
John,

I am also interested in a set of OEM mats for the G70 (shipped to 23435). Please let me know details.

Steve
I'll let you guys know once I'm able to sell them. Still having issues with our DMS setting up the different accounts with Genesis. Hoping to have it fixed this coming week.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got mine today. For as expensive as they are I expected higher quality mats. They're like these. Super thin papery type of mat vs a thick rubber mat. I guess they look good and serve their purpose and I'm gonna keep them but I recommend ppl go with the mat metrics or tux mats.

genYXE

Saskatoon
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just ordered the Mat Metrics this afternoon in black with black stitching.

Does anyone know the approximate delivery within Canada on these units? We are headed to the Rockies next Tuesday and would love to have them before we leave.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anybody buy the WeatherTech Liners? I think they are going to be the ones I pick up, but I am still on the fence between the WeatherTech and TuxMat

I like the OEM but they wanted 220$ for the front and then almost 200$ for the rear, TuxMat and WeatherTech are both around ~250CAD for the front and rear, the jump to OEM is a bit much to sallow.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anybody buy the WeatherTech Liners? I think they are going to be the ones I pick up, but I am still on the fence between the WeatherTech and TuxMat

I like the OEM but they wanted 220$ for the front and then almost 200$ for the rear, TuxMat and WeatherTech are both around ~250CAD for the front and rear, the jump to OEM is a bit much to sallow.
The weathertech ones are super stiff and tend to fold in on themselves after a couple of years.
Based on my experience anyway!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So far so good. The back is a little bit of a pain to put in but it is worth it.
Reduced a little bit of tire noise as well which was a bonus!
That's good to hear. I like that it covers the hump in the back too. I think Costco sells TuxMat for 50$ off, wonder if they have ones for the G70.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.