G70 winter floor mats

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I noticed something yesterday as I was talking to the GM of my dealer. OEM floor mats have a steep amount of profit baked in. If I recall correctly, dealer cost is below $80. May be possible to do a bit of haggling
Yes. Dealer cost for all accessories is very low. Trunk liner is $60 dealer cost but retail is $150.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I noticed something yesterday as I was talking to the GM of my dealer. OEM floor mats have a steep amount of profit baked in. If I recall correctly, dealer cost is below $80. May be possible to do a bit of haggling
I always feel awkward asking for discounts on parts from the dealer. Would the person at the parts desk be able to give a discount? Or would I need to talk to someone else?

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I always feel awkward asking for discounts on parts from the dealer. Would the person at the parts desk be able to give a discount? Or would I need to talk to someone else?
Probably someone in sales/your salesman specifically or someone in finance. I doubt the parts desk is authorized to give discretionary discounts

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't have my bill handy, but I did get a discount on those OEM mats. I am still happy with the ones I got for winter. I have the carpeted ones that came with the car in again for summer now though. But those textured ones cleaned up nicely with a pressure washer.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't have my bill handy, but I did get a discount on those OEM mats. I am still happy with the ones I got for winter. I have the carpeted ones that came with the car in again for summer now though. But those textured ones cleaned up nicely with a pressure washer.
How did you end up getting the discount? Through a GXM or?

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
More p
I got my oem winter mats. These are whatever part number genesis lists on its accessories website.
More pics installed. These are great quality I like them. Not sure what someone else was complaining about them not snapping in easy they are a perfect fit. They are blacker than the pics appear.

Attachments

huyluong

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
More p

More pics installed. These are great quality I like them. Not sure what someone else was complaining about them not snapping in easy they are a perfect fit. They are blacker than the pics appear.
Looks good, however, are the Genesis logos that sit in the middle made of plastic or some metal? Not a fan of those types of mats since they will get super dirty and scratched to high heaven.

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks good, however, are the Genesis logos that sit in the middle made of plastic or some metal? Not a fan of those types of mats since they will get super dirty and scratched to high heaven.
It’s metal. And it’s a floor mat. Lol.

Last edited:

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I installed the Gray Weathertechs to match the interior in mine last week and I couldn't be more pleased. The coverage is terrific they come up all the way on the sides, fit perfect and are very rugged. A bit pricey but worth it.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The mats don't get that dirty unless your shoes are super dirty. Everything pretty much wipes off with a wet cloth.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Last edited: