G70 World Record. First G70 in the 10's

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First 10 second Genesis G70 in the world! I have been waiting for it to cool down to get a lower DA but I got too anxious. Full weight, no seats removed, panels etc. as I daily drive it. Feel free to ask me any questions. I will post the video soon as I upload to Youtube.

MODS:
2023 Genesis G70
LAP3 Performance 2.5+ ECU Tune
LAP3 Performance Stage 2 TCU
Velossa Tech Design Snorkels
Infinity Motorsports Racing Catless Primary downpipes (rest of the exhaust is 100% stock)
Burger Motorsports Charge Pipe Injection on E85 (no meth)
Motegi Racing 18-inch wheels
Falken Tire Tire RT660's

Attachments

• PRSlip.PNG
    PRSlip.PNG
    171.4 KB · Views: 21
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MichaelJohnson

Registered Member
Cleveland, Tennessee
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First 10 second Genesis G70 in the world! I have been waiting for it to cool down to get a lower DA but I got too anxious. Full weight, no seats removed, panels etc. as I daily drive it. Feel free to ask me any questions. I will post the video soon as I upload to Youtube.

MODS:
2023 Genesis G70
Infinity Motorsports Racing Catless Primary downpipes (rest of the exhaust is 100% stock)
Falken Tire Tire RT660's
Congrats! What did you do to celebrate??😂
Also, how did you install the charge pipe injection system? I only ask because it seems you are still running with the factory intercooler.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats! What did you do to celebrate??😂
Also, how did you install the charge pipe injection system? I only ask because it seems you are still running with the factory intercooler.
Few ways you can go about it.

You can buy this, and attach it to the rubber elbow from the stock intercooler to the chargepipe.

Or you can tap the factory charge pipe or the factory intercooler. It is a 1/8th PNT tap. You get a bung also and weld it to the factory intercooler.

Here is an example of another members:

Attachments

• 276246160_10227679463393575_6220130516774063492_n.jpg
    276246160_10227679463393575_6220130516774063492_n.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 9

MichaelJohnson

Registered Member
Cleveland, Tennessee
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Few ways you can go about it.

You can buy this, and attach it to the rubber elbow from the stock intercooler to the chargepipe.

Or you can tap the factory charge pipe or the factory intercooler. It is a 1/8th PNT tap. You get a bung also and weld it to the factory intercooler.

Here is an example of another members:
I've got the BMS Intercooler so installation would be a breeze for me. Just curious how others were doing it with the factory intercooler. Thanks for the information 👍.

I thought I read somewhere that it's better to be further from the throttle body than what is shown in the picture. The bung on the BMS Intercooler is down at the discharge of the intercooler. Thoughts/opinions??

bkleebauer

Getting familiar with the group...
Just installed a LAP3 1.5 tune, everything stock. May do secondary cat delete next week. Went from 331 HP at wheels to 410-430 HP at wheels. Car has so much torque now it won't hook on a dig (good Problem) I'm not a racer, just love the power when I need it. Also have noticed better fuel mileage, fro 18 to 21 around town to 22 to 23 consistent. I highly recommend a LAP3 tune for the G70 3.3 L TT. I would like to get some feedback on the Secondary cat delete before I do it. Pro and con. Thank you.
MODS:
2023 Genesis G70
Falken Tire Tire RT660's

slimjim2525

Registered Member
Don't do secondary cat delete if you ever want warranty work. Did it with my Red Sport and got flat out denied warranty work when I blew a turbo. Don't let anybody tell you Magnuson Moss act, in real life they tell you to pick up the car and sue me.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't do secondary cat delete if you ever want warranty work. Did it with my Red Sport and got flat out denied warranty work when I blew a turbo. Don't let anybody tell you Magnuson Moss act, in real life they tell you to pick up the car and sue me.
If you bring the car in for any engine part failure, then yes, they will deny it. I would never bring my car in modified for anything that can be directly related to the problem. "Magnuson Moss act" does 1000% work. Again, dont try and get warranty work when a problem can be directly related to your mod. Downpipes = faster turbo spool. 100% they are going to deny warranty on a turbo.

If you have catless secondary and your starter fails, then no they wont deny it. On my last G70 I took it in full modded for a starter and they didn't say a word. Then my thermostat failed, they didn't say a word.

You gotta pay to play.

Richyy.co

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You run straight e85? And you went back to stock secondary cats rather then the catless you had on last month?

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You run straight e85? And you went back to stock secondary cats rather then the catless you had on last month?
Yep, full tank of E85. Each station is different though. The station I normally go to with a full tank ends up being like E75-78.

Yea, i put on catless primary so I threw the stock secondary back on. Then the rest of the exhaust is stock.

Sciottiesco

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dude, Congrats! You are definitely motivating me to get going with my build.