G80 5.0l V8 Custom Corsa Exhaust Installed

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Since Corsa doesn't want to make an exhaust for the Genesis, I had a local exhaust shop do that for me. ;) We basically just replaced the stock mufflers with Corsa Sport mufflers intended for another vehicle. I just found a kit that looked like it was the best fit for size and inlet/outlet. Then let the exhaust pro do what he does and make it fit.

So this is basically a custom "axle-back" system as we only replaced the rear mufflers. Everything else is stock. It's noticeable louder than stock and no highway drone (60-80+). I'll do another one later with a more appropriate mic. It's actually louder than it sounds.

You can click here for the thread with the stock exhaust, but I'm pretty sure most of you know how boring that is already. Should note I'm using a different camera/mic this time, as well as different location for slightly better audio.

Last edited:

mfaile

Hasn't posted much yet...
Dang that sounds good. Which part # mufflers did you use? Can you take a pic underneath to show how they spliced into the existing pipes?

omegafiler

TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Dang that sounds good. Which part # mufflers did you use? Can you take a pic underneath to show how they spliced into the existing pipes?

I like it. ;) It keeps getting better as it's broken in.

I actually pulled the mufflers from a Mopar Corsa Cat-Back system for the Charger/300C. Corsa no longer sells a stand-alone muffler. The overall size and inlet/outlet were pretty darn close to the stock G80 mufflers. And it was on sale via eBay. Part# P5155960 is for the whole kit.

Here are some pics. I've actually got an install video coming soon, pending feedback from the shop owner.

Attachments

• P1000068.JPG
    P1000068.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 136
  • P1000073-edit.jpg
    P1000073-edit.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 137
  • P1000040.JPG
    P1000040.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 124

mfaile

Looks like you had a professional shop do the work. Looks great.

Last edited:

mfaile

I thought that sounded familiar. I had a 300 SRT8 with the Corsa exhaust and it sounded very similar.

omegafiler

TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I thought that sounded familiar. I had a 300 SRT8 with the Corsa exhaust and it sounded very similar.

Yeah, Corsa in general has a rather distinct "race car" sound. I've had Sport and Touring systems in previous vehicles and loved them.

I recently test drove a Durango SRT which has a factory Corsa Extreme exhaust. It was absolutely ridiculous. And reminded me I couldn't live without the sound of a mean V8. My setup is no Extreme, but it'll do. ;)

Although I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of removing the resonators.... no... must resist!

Looks like you had a professional shop do the work. Looks great.

It's been several years now, but I used this shop many times in the past for other vehicles. Even one where I completely replaced the entire exhaust system a few times as we experimented with different setups. Good times.

J Dixon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looks and sounds great. Congrats.

Any small performance gain or change in mpg, or too early to tell?

omegafiler

TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Looks and sounds great. Congrats.

Any small performance gain or change in mpg, or too early to tell?

I actually only had the car for a month before I swapped mufflers. No clue on MPG. As usual there is slight improvement with throttle response. Maybe a few HP, nothing drastic. It's more about the aural experience of the V8. Which is awesome.

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Nice. Always loved the sound of Corsa mufflers and now that Dynomax VTs are non-existent would love to find another no-drone options.

QuikZ06

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sounds good. Have a corsa extreme on my supercharged C7 and absolutely love it.

Ggace

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I think it sounds fantastic. That 5.0 sound is something I can never achieve with the 3.3t. It just sounds mean! Well done.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums