G80 BSD problem!

inlightu2

Tomball,Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My car got bumped in a parking lot and now the blind spot detection system seems to be offline. I am getting an error message when I turn the car on and the rear BSD isn't working. Is there a way to correct this without paying $1500 to the dealership. I already went there and they told me the only way they can fix it is to pay the $1500 so they can rebalance it. They are telling me that the blind spot detector is a plate that has to be replaced in order to line them up. Any ideas?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

inlightu2

Tomball,Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Have you check with another dealer? Won't be cheap, but may be cheaper. Comprehensive insurance should cover it aside from the deductible.
That would be the easiest way. But with x4and 2 chains already cars and x2 boys under 21yo motorcycles and a offshore boat. And a 1500 dollar deductible. And two claims already. There has to be a easy fix. Because you can't really see and damage.

Gebop

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That would be the easiest way. But with x4and 2 chains already cars and x2 boys under 21yo motorcycles and a offshore boat. And a 1500 dollar deductible. And two claims already. There has to be a easy fix. Because you can't really see and damage.
I had someone back in to me last week in the parking lot. It was a low speed tap and the guy that hit me offered to pay out of pocket so I went to a paint shop I’ve used previously. I picked up the car Friday and the $350 cosmetic touchup turned out horrible. Very upsetting and now I don’t want the painter touching the car again.

The BSD was working fine when I drove to Super Bowl gathering yesterday but on the way home I got a Check BSD Warning. I thought there may have been sanding dust on the sensor located on the back bumper, so I cleaned, reset ignition, but the warning remains. Is a reset/recalibration possible or is the warning always indicate a replacement part is required?

Does the BSD use the bumper sensor or are those strictly for backup guidance? This “plate” mentioned by OP, is it something not visible and behind rear bumper skin? Is there a way to reset the system or am I likewise looking at $1,500 repair bill? Not sure if I have screwed myself out of filing an issurance claim at this point and I’m just going to have to pay out of pocket for repaint and BSD repair? Between my insurance deductible and the depreciation hit from a CarFax accident scarlet letter, I’m wondering if the system could be a CPO warranty claim item instead, provided a second fender tap touch up puts the bumper back to like new again?

Any insight or comments appreciated here. The rear cross traffic setting in User Setting > Driving Assist is now grayed out. Coincidentally, I noticed the SCC setting seems to have disappeared. Anyone know if this is somehow related to the BSD setting being grayed out?

Gebop

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just realized I’m posting to a thread in the Off Topic forum... Can a moderator move this thread to a more appropriate sub forum?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.