G80 excessive tread ware

G-398445

I have a 2018 G80 with 25k miles. I have had the car in for regular service intervals and the dealer never mentioned any problems with the tires. I just had the car serviced and I mentioned that the tires seemed noisy. I was told that the car needed an alignment, which I had them perform. Now the dealer is recommending new tires due to uneven tire wear. Is Hyundai still searching for the best tire for the Genesis series? Genesis replaced tires on my 2015 car without me even asking. Is there a warranty issue with the 2018 G80 model?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Maybe just a dealer trying to sell you something, go to a tire store and get second opinion

tires are not warrantied by Genesis they are warrantied by the tire manufacturer. The continentals have several issues when under inflated as noted by dozens of threads on this forum. Including side wall failure.

25k is about right for the 5.0 or sport as they have a staggered setup and cannot be rotated.

don’t know about the 3.8.

FWIW I run 38psi on my sport and at 18k my tires are at 5/32 so they have another 10-15k before they are at the wear marks.
Are you running 38psi front and rear Mr Incredible? And are they the continentals extreme contact

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
36 front 38 rear, I believe they are the Conti ProContact's

I run higher in the rear because I carry my kids instruments in the trunk daily, 1 French Horn, 1 Mellophone and quad-snares.
Ok thanks . I am running 41 in the front. At the recommended psi the edges feathered a little . Since I pumped up to 41 they are good. I might try 38psi. Thanks Mr Incredible!👍

Willy Tee

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Maybe just a dealer trying to sell you something, go to a tire store and get second opinion

tires are not warrantied by Genesis they are warrantied by the tire manufacturer. The continentals have several issues when under inflated as noted by dozens of threads on this forum. Including side wall failure.

25k is about right for the 5.0 or sport as they have a staggered setup and cannot be rotated.

don’t know about the 3.8.

FWIW I run 38psi on my sport and at 18k my tires are at 5/32 so they have another 10-15k before they are at the wear marks.
You say 38 psi on your G80 Sport but there are two recommended psi's for front and rears. Are you saying 38 psi on ALL four?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums