• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G80 in the news

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
G80's are out there somewhere -

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160902000422

Note they call it the "Hyundai Genesis G80", as does my insurance company Allstate. Genesis motors will have to work on correcting that if they want to be distinct.
The writer knows it's a new brand. Not sure why he decided to use the Hyundai name in the title. So almost 3,000 G80s have been sold - we have 3 owners here. :p So for every thousand owners, we get 1. :eek: There are still SO many people to find us...

Pricing-wise - it might be better for your insurance company to still consider the car a Hyundai. Though you're right - not good for the brand...

jrhodes87

Registered Member
I haven't seen one in Florida either. Then again, everyone has the winged badge down here so I doubt I'd be able to tell anyway...
I should actually edit that and say I don't see any Genesis' up here in North chicagoland. I've been looking high and low when I drive around for the past couple months and literally have yet to see a 15' or 16' genesis.

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
I wish they'd smile here! It's been a little slow around the forum lately...
Maybe they are on the Hyundai Genesis/Equus forums. You could post an announcement there and elsewhere that the new Genesis Motors forums are up and running.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I should actually edit that and say I don't see any Genesis' up here in North chicagoland. I've been looking high and low when I drive around for the past couple months and literally have yet to see a 15' or 16' genesis.
I'm guessing up there in Illinois as well as Michigan - there aren't as many foreign cars as domestic. Perhaps that's why. People must really get confused when they see a wing-badged Genesis up there...

Maybe they are on the Hyundai Genesis/Equus forums. You could post an announcement there and elsewhere that the new Genesis Motors forums are up and running.
Ahh, they'll make it here eventually. :p

Crusty Old Shellback

Registered Member
SoCal
On the road, I rarely see any Genney's. The most I've ever seen is driving down around LA. There are a few here in my town, but you don't see them too often. Neighbor down the street from me as a '09 I believe.

Raye_SoCal

Hasn't posted much yet...
Los Angeles
I live in LA as well, and I've been increasingly seeing more and more Genesis' (Genesi?). I count everyday how many I can spot and just yesterday I saw 7, two of which were passing the same intersection. What I love about Genesis is that it isn't a "Me too" car or brand, which is all LA is, a bunch of Mr. Me Too's. I'll tell you what, I'll pull up to Craig's or Mastros in a G80 or G90 any way of the week.

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
Here in NJ they seem as rare as hen's teeth, although according to the dealer they are selling. I don't think I've ever seen a G80 in the wild other than mine, I've only seen maybe 5 of the 2nd gen gennys all told.

jrhodes87

Registered Member
Saw one this weekend! was having a sunday funday driving around and I saw one, made my girlfriend follow it around for a good 10 mins lol. First one i've seen up here

G-755569

I see several near me. Just followed to the airport, same color as mine.

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have seen quite a few out here in western NJ. Saw one today and another yesterday. Beginning to see some G70s too.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums