G80 rear vibration

Jackmccrory

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I’ve been posting updates as have others on
the low speed vibration in Genesis G80s. As of today mine is still at the Dealer in Pittsburgh with less than 1000 miles on it. I finally contacted Genesis customer care and asked about a repurchase or Lemon Law adjustment. At first they seemed agreeable until I received a phone call yesterday informing me that they would not take any further action until Genesis issues a “TSB” on this well known issue. As such they were denying my repurchase request or my initial lemon law complaint. In the alternative they directed me to the Better Business Bureau dispute resolution system. They said they have countlessly replaced transmissions, drive shafts, tires and axles without any resolution to the problem and to continue to do so without a TSB from Genesis engineering in South Korea would be foolish.
I plan on pursuing this matter further but anybody waiting for an answer to this vibration problem will probably not receive anything in the near future.
I’ll continue to watch this forum for any updates anybody may have out there and continue to post future developments.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It's the driveshaft coupler. It hardens, vibrates when not loosened up yet, then smoothes out after warming up.

Keep us updated.

Jackmccrory

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It's the driveshaft coupler. It hardens, vibrates when not loosened up yet, then smoothes out after warming up.

Keep us updated.
Thank you. I’ve seen that before but now Genesis engineering is telling us that the problem is not related to the driveshaft or the driveshaft components. Car has 800 miles on it. Been at the dealer for over 30 days now. ??? Still waiting. The loaner is worse.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums