G80 Sport front seat heating element impression visible

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
just got my car back and they documented normal. Is this a joke?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
what color seats are those, I have the dark grey with copper stitching and mine are not like that, and my kid uses the seat heat every morning and leaves it on when she exits for school, so all told it is on daily for at least 2 hours, from the time we leave the house until I get to work.

definitely not normal, I would be escalating or finding another dealership. that looks like the element is getting to hot and melting or burning through the cover.

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I emailed the service manager and now he is ordering me a new seat cover. What was truly disappointing was in the service invoice the tech stated below " Verified Guest concern, a slight impression of heating element under the leather seat. This is a normal condition. No problems found with the heated seat."

left me speechless. You should see what the delivery guy who brought back my car did. I"ll add that to a new thread.

Last edited:

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The dealership got my replacement seat and trim replacement. I had to reach out to the service manager. But now everything is taken care of. I am not sure if anyone knows but the replacement seat bottom cost $2600. THAT IS NUTS !!! I can but a full top grain couch for that.

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I can't tell from this thread if the problem was a "bad" seat cover that couldn't take the heat from a normally functioning heating element or a heating element that is getting too hot or is positioned too close to the seat cover. Evidently your service people think it's the seat cover but I'm a little skeptical.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
BTW, the seat warmer heating element was burning the leather. be careful everyone

Yeah I can’t use it on the highest setting it burns the back of my legs, usually I put it on 2 then once I feel it I drop it tom1 to maintain, even 2 is too hot after 10 minutes or so.

They are the ‘best’ seat warmers I’ve ever had in a car in the sense of how hot they get. In my Lexus on the highest setting I couldn’t feel the heat at all and a lot of forum members on the Lexus sites complain about the same issue in all models.

Even my wife’s Camry is pretty bad, takes forever to heat and doesn’t get very warm.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I can't tell from this thread if the problem was a "bad" seat cover that couldn't take the heat from a normally functioning heating element or a heating element that is getting too hot or is positioned too close to the seat cover. Evidently your service people think it's the seat cover but I'm a little skeptical.
That's why the dealership replaced the entire bottom seat assembly. Glad it was under warranty, was shocked how much it cost.

WPB

Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
OK. Earlier posts said "seat cover". But as I see now it was "entire bottom seat assembly". Please keep us informed how it goes, though you might not be using the heater much as we get into spring. There is still a possibility it is the "controller". Does anyone know how sophisticated these systems are? Simple three stages of power sent to heating element, or feedback with sensor to get to a certain temperature?

WPB

Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Glad to hear replacing seat fixed it. Answering my own question found this wiring diagram-
BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database Results.
The system is fairly sophisticated. Could have been seat or controller.
Abbreviations on diagram:
CCS - climate controlled seat
NTC - negative temperature coefficient
TED - thermoelectric device

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.