G80 Sport front seat heating element impression visible

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
just got my car back and they documented normal. Is this a joke?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
just got my car back and they documented normal. Is this a joke?
Did they look at it with you? Certainly does not look normal to me. If it is, they should be able to show you the same thing on other cars. I'd want to have a meeting with the service manager about it.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
what color seats are those, I have the dark grey with copper stitching and mine are not like that, and my kid uses the seat heat every morning and leaves it on when she exits for school, so all told it is on daily for at least 2 hours, from the time we leave the house until I get to work.

definitely not normal, I would be escalating or finding another dealership. that looks like the element is getting to hot and melting or burning through the cover.

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I emailed the service manager and now he is ordering me a new seat cover. What was truly disappointing was in the service invoice the tech stated below " Verified Guest concern, a slight impression of heating element under the leather seat. This is a normal condition. No problems found with the heated seat."

left me speechless. You should see what the delivery guy who brought back my car did. I"ll add that to a new thread.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.