• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

First Generation G80 sport Wheels on 2012 5.0

mburke64

Hasn't posted much yet...
So i have 2018 G80 Sport wheels for my 2012 Genny they fit perfectly. Once I get tires by the end of the week i will post pics. If I don't like them I will sell them to any one who wants them the tires will be new Michelin Super Sports 255/40/19 and 275/40/19. If you like these wheels stay tuned.

V8vroom

Looks great! What are the specs for the G80 wheels? Aaaaand what trunk spoiler is that?

mburke64

Thanks Much

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great! What are the specs for the G80 wheels? Aaaaand what trunk spoiler is that?
the wheels are 19" f40 and r49 offset. the rear spoiler Advanation or Advan on Ebay. it's the same one on most first gens the camera angle makes it look different.

- - - Updated - - -

Your whole ride looks tight man.
Thanks Much, my wife has a 2015 3.8 awd white, so I love what you have done to yours. She won't let me touch it, I brought the wheels for her car but she didn't like them. when I put them on my car she's like lets see how they would look on mind. PS what are your wheels specs tire offset i call carid for 20" for my first gen and he said they wouldn't fit because of my brakes TSW Amaroo were what I wanted.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Here are my specs.

Tires: Front: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 255/35/20 (though honestly I would go 245/35/20 on replacement)
Rear: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 285/30/20

Wheels: Front: TSW Amaroo 20x9 5x114.3 Offset 30 or 35
Rear: TSW Amaroo 20x10 5x114.3 Offset 45

Note i had a problem with one of my TSW Amaroo wheels, initially. It's a 2-piece wheel and one of the wheels wasn't holding air. It was replaced under warranty (the good thing about ordering everything from one place, in this case, Discount Tire, because whether or not it was the tire or the wheel, they had to fix it!), but when I had to order the replacement I had problems finding the size and offset I'd ordered. It eventually worked out (though I don't remember how). I also ordered another wheel and tire and now have a full-sized spare.

I'm actually a little surprised that they said the wheels wouldn't fit. The DH brakes are bigger than the BH brakes, and mine fit.

Last edited:

mburke64

Here are my specs.

Tires: Front: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 255/35/20 (though honestly I would go 245/35/20 on replacement)

Note i had a problem with one of my TSW Amaroo wheels, initially. It's a 2-piece wheel and one of the wheels wasn't holding air. It was replaced under warranty (the good thing about ordering everything from one place, in this case, Discount Tire, because whether or not it was the tire or the wheel, they had to fix it!), but when I had to order the replacement I had problems finding the size and offset I'd ordered. It eventually worked out (though I don't remember how). I also ordered another wheel and tire and now have a full-sized spare.

I'm actually a little surprised that they said the wheels wouldn't fit. The DH brakes are bigger than the BH brakes, and mine fit.
Thanks , I don't know either the sport wheels clear the brakes ease but I don't have much room on the strut side that 8.5 rim vs 9 rim might be perfect or hit. my problem is ordering rims that doesn't fit when they told me they wouldn't fit. at least i know they should fit my wife's car. your car looks so much better lowered don't think she will go for it.

Fgpalmer71

Getting familiar with the group...
Here are my specs.

How do you like your tires? About to buy a new set and DWS06's are at the top of my list.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
How do you like your tires? About to buy a new set and DWS06's are at the top of my list.
Really sorry that I'm just now seeing this. I generally like them! They're make good trade-offs! They tend to get noisier as they wear though, so keep that in mind.

e13453

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I suppose that the 19" wheels would fit a 2015 G80 as as well?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums