G80 Ultimate Question

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On the G80 Ultimate Home screen, can you also get the Home screen that has a split screen...NAVI on the left and A/V on the right...or is it only this screen. Also, is there an Setup button below or only on this screen?
1545766228926.png

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Only one screen, not split.
That is the only setup, but you don't have to touch the screen, you use the Dis knob to navigate.

You can go from the radio to the nav screen with the touch of a button and not lose anything. You also have the next turn displayed in the HUD should you want to have the radio screen up.
We all do things differently, but I'm ok with a single item on the screen instead of scrunched up images to fit two. Nice to have just the map when you get to an interchange showing the lanes to be in and the signs large enough to see easily.
EdP...with the Basic's split screen, if you tap on the left side map, it goes full screen. Then a tap on the Home screen icon, it goes back to split. So, you don't have to use a "scrunched up" image. And, of course, the NAVI is full screen. It doesn't sound very "ultimate" to me to not have the split screen option.
Spanky...do you mean your Ultimate has the split screen?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My G80 Sport has no split screen as well. My wife's Hyundai Sonata has pretty much the same interface as the G80 but it has the split screen, which is interesting because the screen is smaller.

drumdudeguy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Charlotte NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Interesting. My 2018 G80 3.8 Standard does have the split screen which I routinely use.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Interesting. My 2018 G80 3.8 Standard does have the split screen which I routinely use.
Judging from the responses, the G80 Sport and Ultimate do not have the split screen. The G80 Base and Premium package do. I have the Base and really like and use the split screen. It makes it very easy to go to a full size NAVI screen or A/V options just by tapping the side of the screen you want as full size. I think having to go to Setup and then the option you want requires an additional step.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80