G90 & Auto Transport

Somebody Who Left

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Moving from DC to Ohio and while not driving the G90 wasn’t in the plan given 3 cars with only 2 drivers, the G90 fits fine on a rental auto transport from U-Haul.

Tow vehicle was a ‘05 Suburban 2500 V8/8.1L. Lots of gas consumed.

Hope this helps someone when they consider how to transport their G90!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Moving from DC to Ohio and while not driving the G90 wasn’t in the plan given 3 cars with only 2 drivers, the G90 fits fine on a rental auto transport from U-Haul.

Tow vehicle was a ‘05 Suburban 2500 V8/8.1L. Lots of gas consumed.

Hope this helps someone when they consider how to transport their G90!

View attachment 20270
Were you able to open the door to get out? Looks like the fender comes up high.
Did you have to have the G90 serviced to adapt for the cultural change from DC to Ohio?

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I feel you on the 8.1L fuel mileage. I have an '02 Silverado 2500 with the 8.1L & Allison trans that I used to town my race car with. 32' Featherlite gooseneck, got 8mpg towing on the highway, 11mpg on highway without towing. Looking at a 2006 Sierra 3500 diesel this afternoon to upgrade to. I quit racing in 2010 when my son was born. Now he races, and my 28' trailer I now use weighs more than the 32' Featherlite.

Last edited:

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

That's what the sunroof is for. :)

The only other thing I'd consider were I doing this would be a car cover.

Somebody Who Left

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Did you have to have the G90 serviced to adapt for the cultural change from DC to Ohio?

I wondered the same but the driver side fender “flips” down easily to enable entry/exit from the car. As for the cultural change, we will see for the car and it’s typical occupants.

Somebody Who Left

SUPPORTING MEMBER
That's what the sunroof is for. :)

The only other thing I'd consider were I doing this would be a car cover.

I have heard that a car cover is not recommended. The cover will move in the wind and may cause marks on the car. Worse, the cover will detach and then create a parachute-like destabilization. I chose to just let the risk go.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have heard that a car cover is not recommended. The cover will move in the wind and may cause marks on the car. Worse, the cover will detach and then create a parachute-like destabilization. I chose to just let the risk go.

Good point... I hadn't considered that the cover might itself cause damage. I guess that's why professional car carriers don't cover the vehicles they transport, though they're more protected, especially up top. During one of my many moves years ago, my wife's car was in the moving van with all our other stuff, but moving is always stressful. Glad it worked out well for you.

jaminson

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hey, bro. Frankly speaking, you have chosen the good car. What is connected with your question, you aren't right. I mean, that Uhaul isn't the single option, which is suited to your situation. I say so, because I had the same situation, when I bought my Ford Focus. Likely for me, I found then the boydstun vehicle carriers, which helped me with the transportation. They made their work fast and high-qualified, that is why I can recommend them to you. Try at least to communicate with them, maybe their service will be liked more for you, moreover, I'm sure, that their services are cheaper, but there isn't always the extra money, you know)

JoanDown

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Hey, guys! Sorry for opening again an old thread but it's an interesting topic. I was looking for a way to get my car to Pasadena and kind of save some money. I want to buy a classic car which is a bit out of my budget. And probably it's not the right time right now to waste so much money, but what am I suppose to do when a dude from Austin offers a used Mustang 1967 in good condition for 52.000 bucks? So I was looking for a way to save a bit of money on transportation. I know that the cheapest way is just to rent a tow dolly and do it myself, but it may damage the car. I was checking on A Collector's Guide to the 10 Best Classic Car Dealerships in the U.S. | National Transport Services about the official classic car dealerships to find out their prices and they are too high. So what would you recommend?

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hey, guys! Sorry for opening again an old thread but it's an interesting topic. I was looking for a way to get my car to Pasadena and kind of save some money. What is the best way to do that and how much it may cost?
Since you gave no location where it is coming from, I'd estimate from $100 to $2500.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I see what you did there!
I have a simple solution too. Send me a plane ticket to where the car is and I'll drive it to Pasadena. Then a ticket back home, plus expenses of course.

I drove two cars from Philadelphia to San Diego and they were not as nice as a G90. The first one was a Chevy Vega.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In an America that is long ago I needed to go from North Carolina to New Orleans and had a car that was unreliable. Would you want to be in Mississippi backwoods or bayou with a broken European car in 197x? I found a company that contracts to deliver cars for individuals and they had a Chevrolet going to N. O. I signed up. It was a Lo-o-o-o-o-ng day, 800 miles. I left it at the train station parking deck where it was retrieved by their local person. They charged the owner and paid me zero$.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums