• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G90 Heater ?

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I noticed recently that The heater on my G90 is nothing like any I've ever had.
Doesn't matter if I have it on Auto or try to us it in manual mode.
When I start the car and try to warm it up for the wife, It does not put out any heat
until I put it in to drive '
Yesterday I thought it was me, so sat in the car for 30 minutes trying to warm it up
Temperature gauge shows middle of heat range but no warm air coming out of floor
vents or defrosting vents, just cool air. Does anyone else have this in the G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I start the car and try to warm it up for the wife, It does not put out any heat
Yesterday I thought it was me, so sat in the car for 30 minutes trying to warm it up
Temperature gauge shows middle of heat range but no warm air coming out of floor
I don't have a G90, but something is wrong there. Set on Auto, my heat comes on as soon as the water is up to whatever temperature is programmed into the climate control. That is one reason I use remote start on really cold days.

This is true of every car I ever owned if the fan was set on or climate control to AUTO. Exception was my '64 Karman Ghia that had rusted out heat duct. I guess you don't get much when you pay $15 for a car.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
How warm the car interior is?

I have similar issue, when I leave work and the temp is around 60s and I set the heat on auto at 75F but the air doesn't get warm at all even after driving for several minutes. I am assuming the interior of the car is warm and probably close to low-mid 70s and that what makes the air not so warm. Even in the morning when the interior is colder, it takes 5-10 minutes for the warm air to flow. My Sonata doesn't have this problem

DUKES103

Getting familiar with the group...
Massachusetts
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have a 2017 G90
never had this issue but then again inget in the car start it and drive away. when engine warms up heat galore either auto or manual
havent used thevtemote control to start car and heat it while sitting on driveway sill try that when i get home

mistersteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
FL
I had my G90 for last winter (albeit northern FL) and I don't remember any problems with the heater. I do just start the car and drive so if putting it in Drive or not is an issue I would never have seen it.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
If your temperature is set above the ambient temperature in the car, it should heat quickly. Reaching a comfortable temperature will obviously take longer if it's very cold, but not 30 minutes. I often remote start my G90 about a minute or two in advance when it's in the low 40s or 30s, and it's usually starting to get warm by the time I get in. I think you should have your car checked.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I don't have a G90, but something is wrong there. Set on Auto, my heat comes on as soon as the water is up to whatever temperature is programmed into the climate control. That is one reason I use remote start on really cold days.

This is true of every car I ever owned if the fan was set on or climate control to AUTO. Exception was my '64 Karman Ghia that had rusted out heat duct. I guess you don't get much when you pay $15 for a car.

What's the chance, the heat ducts on my Karman Ghia rusted out also.
I guess I got taken I paid $100 for mine

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What's the chance, the heat ducts on my Karman Ghia rusted out also.
I guess I got taken I paid $100 for mine
Well I did have to do $100 in engine work to make it run. Convertible, it was fun to drive. In winter I had an ice scraper for defrosting the inside. I converted it to 12 volt using a Chevy alternator with a counter bored left hand tread on the shaft to mate it to the existing bolt of the cooking fan.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Well I did have to do $100 in engine work to make it run. Convertible, it was fun to drive. In winter I had an ice scraper for defrosting the inside. I converted it to 12 volt using a Chevy alternator with a counter bored left hand tread on the shaft to mate it to the existing bolt of the cooking fan.
Back in my college days, my cousin owned a Corviar that I think cost him around $50. It would shake and rattle above 30 MPH or so and had holes in the floorboards, so water would spray up into the car. But, IIRC, the heater worked well. :)

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The OP needs to see the dealer.

My ‘62 Karmann Ghia also had rusted out heating ducts. The real problem wasn’t lack of heat, though, it was the fact that when you turned on the “valve” to get heat carbon monoxide flooded into the cabin.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Back in my college days, my cousin owned a Corviar that I think cost him around $50. It would shake and rattle above 30 MPH or so and had holes in the floorboards, so water would spray up into the car. But, IIRC, the heater worked well. :)
I had a '62 Corvair. Heater worked well, all year round. I blocked the vents with aluminum foil for the summer. Bought it in mid 1963. Wish I still had it but ho

RLO1016

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

RLO1016

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yes. I have a 2018 G90 and have same problem. Doesn’t matter if in auto or manual mode, in drive or not, what the temperature setting is, or if the engine has warmed. Not always, but often, it does this. I’ll be taking it to the dealer but they will probably tell me they cannot replicate the problem. Very frustrating and cold!

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yes. I have a 2018 G90 and have same problem. Doesn’t matter if in auto or manual mode, in drive or not, what the temperature setting is, or if the engine has warmed. Not always, but often, it does this. I’ll be taking it to the dealer but they will probably tell me they cannot replicate the problem. Very frustrating and cold!

Check the antifreeze level. Genesis has had leaks in the same fitting as mine in several cars.
I could smell antifreeze after driving the car, just as I got out the car

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Kids just don't know what they are missing today.
They don't let you drive cars like that any more.
They don't make them anymore either.

Sounds like a possible heater core problem if you are smelling anti-freeze. Check the floor in the either the passenger or drivers side and see if it's damp.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Not the heater core on mine it is a connection out side the firewall. Was glad to hear that, so no inside damage.
Only smell the antifreeze after I open the door and start to get out.
Dealer now has to get a new version of the part from Korea