G90 kills off the V8 for 2022 redesign

turnne

Registered Member
You have posted no numbers whatsoever, no data, nothing. You don't seem to understand that you made the claim, and it's your burden of proof to back it up, not mine. Sorry, no amount of strawman arguments you make will change this.
Read exactly what I posted...I think you are confused on what the exact words were and your comprehension and /or assumption

I said they are similarly priced when the GM versions are optioned up
Read exactly what I posed....

But you haven't answered my questions about exactly what you posted about " most buyers" and the US market " changing overnight"

I am using exact terms you used..LOL

Warren

Backslack

Registered Member
'''IF"..you say..LOL

Before you posted that the US market was going to change overnight

Now you use the word " IF"

here we go....
You really need to look at the statements you have made

Warren
Yep, at this point it's clear that you're doing nothing more than trolling. If you can't understand such a basic sentence, then there's really no point in continuing this conversation.

Let me break it what I wrote for you one last time to help you understand, in case you aren't trolling and are merely having some mental difficulties:

"It doesn't matter how much they love their V8's if manufacturers no longer decide to make them to comply with global emissions regulations."

In the context of this sentence, "if" is used to describe manufacturers not making V8's because of global emissions. There is no "if" to the fact that global emissions are killing all ICE engines by 2030. "If" manufacturers continue to make V8s despite being barred from selling them, then they go bankrupt.

turnne

Registered Member
Yep, at this point it's clear that you're doing nothing more than trolling. If you can't understand such a basic sentence, then there's really no point in continuing this conversation.

Let me break it what I wrote for you one last time to help you understand, in case you aren't trolling and are merely having some mental difficulties:

"It doesn't matter how much they love their V8's if manufacturers no longer decide to make them to comply with global emissions regulations."

In the context of this sentence, "if" is used to describe manufacturers not making V8's because of global emissions. There is no "if" to the fact that global emissions are killing all ICE engines by 2030. "If" manufacturers continue to make V8s despite being barred from selling them, then they go bankrupt.
Then we get the massive backpedal...and trying to "change" what you already posted

As I suspected

Thanks for playing...LOL

Warren

Backslack

Registered Member
Then we get the massive backpedal...and trying to "change" what you already posted

As I suspected

Thanks for playing...LOL

Warren
Your poor reading comprehension doesn't constitute me "backpedaling"

Please go troll somewhere else.

turnne

Registered Member
Your poor reading comprehension doesn't constitute me "backpedaling"

Please go troll somewhere else.
No..I posted exactly what I meant...and I still stand by every exact word as posted
No..ifs, ands , buts, wild assumptions or anything else

So..if someone cant read what I wrote as written..chose to make assumptions about what is not there or go off on some irrelevant tangent

I have nothing to do with that

Warren

NashvilleEquus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Nashville, TN
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
We have a 2016 Equus Ultimate with the 5.0, and as of this February, a 2020 Genesis Ultimate AWD with the 5.0.

Glad we got the V8s, befitting a car of this size and stature.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I went to an online p*ssing match and a Genesis thread broke out. ;) The V8 is obviously losing ground with all the regulations. The Lexus LS500 has lost a majority of their buying group due to the V6. The problem with Lexus luxury is those with the 13-17 LS460 and even some with the older LS430 now have no where to go right now. Many LS owners tend to stick with their 460's and keep them. Others go away for now waiting to see if there is anything on the horizon. As for title snobs, oh yes, there are many. Once Genesis gains ground and becomes more of a name, you'll see more "name" droppers in a Genesis. Tiger Woods did for Genesis, more to "name" snobs, than any formal Genesis advertising. A good friend of mine drives a GV80 solely because of Tiger's crash. Get a V8 while you can if that's your thing.

Backslack

Registered Member
A good friend of mine drives a GV80 solely because of Tiger's crash.
Oh wow. :LOL:

I think the main drawback of the LS500 is that the interior was so cramped. It's EPA-rated at 99 cubic feet, which is even worse than an ES. Unacceptable for a 206 inch flagship. It positioned itself as a sort of Panamera competitor, but nobody wants a Panamera Lexus.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
We want big engines. Laws/regulations change and they will not be available. They will not be compliant. Like it or not EV is the future and coming fast.
I have no issue with EV other than distance. 350 miles is just not enough on a charge. I'm sure that will increase and charging time will decrease in the future. We shall see.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have no issue with EV other than distance. 350 miles is just not enough on a charge. I'm sure that will increase and charging time will decrease in the future. We shall see.
My thoughts exactly. When EV cars can get upwards of 500+ miles on a charge, then we're talking.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
For most people not a problem. For me, it is a few times a year. Last week I did 950 miles on the first day and stopped for gas twice at 10 minutes or so. Charging would be an hour. Second day was only 200 miles so easy. I'll return in a few days.

Charging stations are popping up but still take time. May get better but not 10 minutes

The other 350 days of the year I never go more than 50 miles. I could get by on a couple of "D" cell batteries.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners