G90 Suspension

Howard H.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I am a new G90 owner coming from a lexus LS460. I find the G90 very floaty and wobbly to the extent that I am thinking of taking it back to dealer to check it out. Am I just being too critical, or does the G90 have a lot of roll to it?

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
G90 has a soft suspension not a sporty stiff ride. You can try the sport mode but that still leaves you with an old school, soak up the bumps ride.
I have not found mine wabbly at all. Have you checked the tire pressure?

Howard H.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
G90 has a soft suspension not a sporty stiff ride. You can try the sport mode but that still leaves you with an old school, soak up the bumps ride.
I have not found mine wabbly at all. Have you checked the tire pressure?
Tire pressure is about 34. Ride reminds me of a bobble-head doll sitting on a spring, even in sport. You don't have that?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

rover

Hasn't posted much yet...
I would say the ride on my G90 is very, very good and more comfortable than my previous car which was a 2013 Mercedes S Class

Mike Frantz

Getting familiar with the group...
Seattle
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Mine (with 23k miles) had a very agreeable and stable ride, but recently I perceive some wobble after bumps, even mild ones like manhole covers.

forzza1

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Got the same problem with my former G90. I found the suspension way too floaty and soft even in sports mode. Too soft for my taste. Over uneven road surfaces, the ride was very wobbly. The dealer allowed me to drive a brand new G90 from the lot, the suspension felt the same. It seems the suspension is designed to be soft.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

ogogolby

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm experiencing the same issue. The vehicle came out of the factory with the steering wheel off center and a wicked vibration. The dealership swapped tires and wheels from another new G90 and it made it worse. After 2 four wheel alignments and 3 wheel balancing attempts, it's better but nothing like my previous S550 Benz. Still has a wobble between 25-35 that Genesis corporate will be test driving next week. On a positive note, the car is supremely comfortable and despite the floaty adaptive suspension, miles just "float" by in highway travel - even in the softest Eco mode. Surprisingly, the car handles better than my G80 - just doesn't feel like it.

ogogolby

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I am a new G90 owner coming from a lexus LS460. I find the G90 very floaty and wobbly to the extent that I am thinking of taking it back to dealer to check it out. Am I just being too critical, or does the G90 have a lot of roll to it?
You're not imaging it. It was designed that way but I'm still having trouble adjusting to the adaptive suspension after a Benz S550 and an Audi A8L with air suspension.

edward301

Registered Member
The ride on my G90 Ultimate has been quite good. Every once in a while
I put the car in sport mode but that is to mainly improve transmission
shifting. I keep 35 psi in my tires when cold for a firmer ride.

I do miss the air suspension that my several Equus Ultimates had.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.