Gald to become one of Genesis owner. Order a G80 sport today!

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Test drive on thursday , placed order on Friday.
2019 G80 sport. but the salesman said that the havana red color is not in their inventory at this moment. They are packed in container and sailing on the sea.. Got to wait till next month to have my car delievered.
Is Genesis this popular these days? Anyone experience the same situation as me?

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
thanks, dunno if I have the patient to wait tho... Ppl in my community drives nothing but BBA... I am the only one order a Genesis ( in Canada, we can only order oline)

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Test drive on thursday , placed order on Friday.
2019 G80 sport. but the salesman said that the havana red color is not in their inventory at this moment. They are packed in container and sailing on the sea.. Got to wait till next month to have my car delievered.
Is Genesis this popular these days? Anyone experience the same situation as me?
Yep, Polar Ice. There were only 2 on the East coast. Nobody with Genesis was able to see beyond Dealer Stock cars.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Where did you do the test drive? Do they have a boutique shop near you with a couple demo's? After the drive you went online and ordered it?

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
There is no RED G80 available.. My order show a status "at sea".. meaning will take up to 4 weeks to deliver

the.tru.albertan

Genesis Model Type
Order a test drive and Genesis guy will drive the car to your front door to test drive.
How does financing work when you do it online like that? I ask because I may buy a 2020 G80 but I have never ordered a car online before.

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
How does financing work when you do it online like that? I ask because I may buy a 2020 G80 but I have never ordered a car online before.
No troubles. Salesman ask me few questions over the phone and do everything on their end. Bank approved in abt 3 hrs. Their service is realluy something different.
Only complain is the wait time for the car..

the.tru.albertan

Genesis Model Type
No troubles. Salesman ask me few questions over the phone and do everything on their end. Bank approved in abt 3 hrs. Their service is realluy something different.
Only complain is the wait time for the car..
Thanks! Enjoy the car!

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Update on my order!!!
Salesman called me yesterday, left me with two options:
1. There is a demo 2019 G80 havana red used on the Car show with 0KM, Genesis Canada is able to taking care of the leather seat and for a quicker delivery if I decide to take this
or,
here is the good part
2. There are 2020 model G80s on the sea and will be ready for delivery for early APRIL. If I can wait, they will honor it.

What are your thoughts? I cant find any detail regards the newer model G80, how it looks, what is the powertrain, color options etc.
Any helps will be appreciate!

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So you ordered a 2019 Genesis G80 Sport and now the dealership is offering two options, neither of which is take delivery of the vehicle you ordered? Am I understanding the situation correctly? If so, I would end the deal and walk away. Something doesn't seem right.

the.tru.albertan

Genesis Model Type
They are giving you the option to get a 2020 G80 delivered to you in April!?!?!?!?!?!?! The car isn't even being debuted until end of April at the NY Auto Show.... if rumours are true.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The dealership sold him a 2019 that is "on the sea." Now they are offering him either a demo vehicle that sounds like it has seat damage or a 2020 vehicle that, by all indications, isn't even available yet.

This screams bait-and-switch to me, so he needs to walk away and find the vehicle he wants somewhere else or else wait and start over when the 2020s are actually available.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sounds like they never really did an order or had a car allocated to you. Highly unlikely there are really 2020s currently at sea. Unless you really need the car, might as well wait and see what the "2020s" look like in a few weeks. If you really need the car now, tell them for an additional $2k off the price you will consider the demo car.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just because the official release is late April does not mean the new models are not in transit.
I don't think they announced the official release date yet. Last I read it was probably going to be late 2019 - early 2020. I think the April date mentioned is a debut at an Auto Show.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.