Gald to become one of Genesis owner. Order a G80 sport today!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wasn't the G70 available for sale in Canada before they did the big debut at Mt. Tremblant?
I think the Mt. Tremblant event was last May but believe the G70 debuted at NY Auto last March. I don't know when they went on sale in CA but would imagine around May/June.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the Mt. Tremblant event was last May but believe the G70 debuted at NY Auto last March. I don't know when they went on sale in CA but would imagine around May/June.
It was late April or early May when cars were being delivered.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It was late April or early May when cars were being delivered.
That would fit into the "around May/June" timeframe. The point was that the G70 debut was earlier than Mount Tremblant. I found a Genesis press release and a couple of articles on the MT event. The debut was at NY Auto on March 28. One article is dated April 30 and says they will be heading to MT that week and the other is dated May 3 and said they were there so it was May 1, 2 or 3.

Genesis Newsroom

2019 Genesis G70: Road and Track this Week

2019 Genesis G70 2019 : First Drive

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That would fit into the "around May/June" timeframe. The point was that the G70 debut was earlier than Mount Tremblant. I found a Genesis press release and a couple of articles on the MT event. The debut was at NY Auto on March 28. One article is dated April 30 and says they will be heading to MT that week and the other is dated May 3 and said they were there so it was May 1, 2 or 3.

Genesis Newsroom

2019 Genesis G70: Road and Track this Week

2019 Genesis G70 2019 : First Drive
Yeah the point is that NY is not Canada.
We can get cars before it is officially announced here.
So if the 2020 G80 is indeed true, maybe Canada will get it first. However I doubt there will be any deliveries as early as April especially if it is an all new model!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah the point is that NY is not Canada.
We can get cars before it is officially announced here.
So if the 2020 G80 is indeed true, maybe Canada will get it first. However I doubt there will be any deliveries as early as April especially if it is an all new model!
You can keep changing the argument, eventually you will be correct. :rolleyes:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can keep changing the argument, eventually you will be correct. :rolleyes:
What are we talking about here?
I'm talking about Canada. Your post is about US.
That March NY announcement was for US only!
Is the guy ordering the G80 in Canada? I'm assuming so since he mentioned ordering online!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What are we talking about here?
I'm talking about Canada. Your post is about US.
That March NY announcement was for US only!
Is the guy ordering the G80 in Canada? I'm assuming so since he mentioned ordering online!
I think we are on way different streets. I was talking about the debut of the G70. The NY Auto show was the debut of the G70 for the world, not just the US according to the Genesis press release. The Mount Tremblant may have been for Canada only don't know or perhaps it was just where they decided to hold the press event for all press organizations, I haven't checked.

Edit: I do have to correct my remark about introducing to the world. It was the International Auto Show but the article does say "Introduced to the US Market".

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think we are on way different streets. I was talking about the debut of the G70. The NY Auto show was the debut of the G70 for the world, not just the US according to the Genesis press release. The Mount Tremblant may have been for Canada only don't know or perhaps it was just where they decided to hold the press event for all press organizations, I haven't checked.
Not sure about the world but they had a release concert in Korea in September of 2017!

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The salesman also claim that the new 2020 G80 would looke the same as the 2019 model, with some additional features added. He also told that he was not disclosed any info yet.
From what I understand, the new 2020 model will replace the 3.3T with a 3.5T @ 400hp

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I guess my point about the debut, was that the G70 was shown someplace whether Korea, NY, Mt. Tremblount, etc. before deliveries started. At this point in time I don't think the new G80 has been unveiled has it? Perhaps I'm arguing from a position of ignorance. :unsure:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The salesman also claim that the new 2020 G80 would looke the same as the 2019 model, with some additional features added. He also told that he was not disclosed any info yet.
From what I understand, the new 2020 model will replace the 3.3T with a 3.5T @ 400hp
If with a new engine, that's big news and I'm suspicious of it. They used to have a 3.5 in Australia which was discontinued if I remember correctly.
I can't see them coming out with a new V6 Turbo so quickly. Maybe the new i4 Turbo first!

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Is your salesman’s name Jussie Smollett? This whole story seems far fetched. Do you have any written documentation of your communications regarding the deviation of your sale? Thank you.

Last edited:

Albertini

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Is your salesman’s name Jussie? This whole story seems far fetched. Do you have any written documentation of your communications regarding the deviation of your sale? Thank you.
No, its a guy. No written documents, only text back and forth

glennk

Been here awhile...
Dallas, TX
I'd wait. I'm hesitant about getting a demo car that's had God only knows how many people getting in and out of it.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The salesman tells you he has not received any info yet, but he somehow knows that the 2020 will look the same as the 2019? They are jerking your chain, especially since the 2020 spy shots show a different design and the word is that the 2020 is not supposed to be based on any of the previous models.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm not sure they have put out a definitive timeline but I guess something to consider is that the re-designed 2020 G80 may only be available the first year in Korea and in NA the 2020 will be the same as we have now. If that was the case then perhaps the 2020s are on the seas coming to Canada since they could release them earlier in about the same timeframe as the G70 was released there last year.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm not sure they have put out a definitive timeline but I guess something to consider is that the re-designed 2020 G80 may only be available the first year in Korea and in NA the 2020 will be the same as we have now. If that was the case then perhaps the 2020s are on the seas coming to Canada since they could release them earlier in about the same timeframe as the G70 was released there last year.
Something tells me that Genesis is smarter than this and may not want to cut into their new G90 sales. Maybe the 2020 is a limited half year run and there will be a 2021 in January!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.