Gas Mileage

Thread starter #1
NYC NY
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Greetings
I absolutely LOVE my Equus. Except for the gas mileage. I knew going in that it wasn’t going to give me good mileage but I haven’t seen numbers this bad since the 70’s. I get between 10-12 city. Highway is mid 20’s. This is WELL below everything that I read. Even the independent reviews gave the car better MPGs. What kind of mileage do others get ?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Greetings
I absolutely LOVE my Equus. Except for the gas mileage. I knew going in that it wasn’t going to give me good mileage but I haven’t seen numbers this bad since the 70’s. I get between 10-12 city. Highway is mid 20’s. This is WELL below everything that I read. Even the independent reviews gave the car better MPGs. What kind of mileage do others get ?
Not much different on my G80. The city driving is tough on a heavy full sized car with a good sized engine. Depending on temperature and distance, it can vary considerably though.

My driving habits may be far different than yours, but overall I'm in the low 20s, on a trip at highway speeds of 75 or so, 26 mpg is easy to get. I've been watching the short trip though. In winter, a 2 mile trip to the store gets me 9 to 10 mpg. The 4 mile round trip gets me about 12 mpg. In the summer, they got up by about 5 mpg. Make it into a 10 mile city trip and now I see 18 mpg.

Not knowing your conditions I can't say of you dare doing good, bad, or indifferent but I do know that short cold trips are just plain terrible.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Our G80 5.0 Ultimate averages around 22 in mixed driving. Highway we've seen 26+. Do you have a 5.0 under the bonnet?

g_800756

Greetings
I live in NYC. I have the BIG V8 under the “bonnet”... such a nicer term than “hood”.
I don’t have a led foot. I’m always careful about avoiding fast starts. I’m VERY disappointed in the MPG. I figured Hyundai might stretch the truth a bit but I figured those independent reviews on YouTube would be more accurate
I still love the car. I’ve had big Lincoln’s for the last 20 years that gave me better mileage
I’ll just have to resign myself that my carbon footprint will look like it’s from Sasquatch !!!

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
It is virtually impossible to gain true comparison gas mileage figures with in-town driving. I compare using a 40 mile flat freeway segment that I often drive. This segment begins about 10 miles from my home, which is enough distance for the oil to fully warm. Presently, I am able to obtain consistently 30+mpg @ 65 mph on this section. Car has 88K miles. I have low-rolling resistance tires, K&N cone filter, MSA cat deletes, 0/20 Mobil 1 oil, 40psi in tires and lowered suspension. Recently did a 6K road trip with city/country driving and many warmup cycles - 25.5 mpg overall.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.