Gas pedal has a click when you floor it

DJR17

Hasn't posted much yet...
Austin, TX
Is this normal, do they have some kind of button at the end of the pedal? There's definitely a notch or something that it hits before you can floor it. Just wondering if everyone has this or I need to have it checked..

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
You have found the kickdown "switch"

zielritter

Been here awhile...
Union, KY
^^ That's the "give it the beans" activating. Drops to the lowest gear that doesn't red line as far as I can tell.

Bill K

Registered Member
Chicagoland
I've noticed something like that, too. In the first half of pedal travel, the car accelerates like a fancy luxury car. There is a little resistance in the pedal travel, and when you get past that, the car takes off, like a rocket.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Can you see the attachment i posted im Referring to the kick down switch on the gas pedal when you hit it my car takes off detachment is a GPS on my car doing 114 had alot to go .
I think many of us are curious as to the source of it. Never saw anything like that

Unsbadmother

Riverside Ca
Genesis Model Type
I've noticed something like that, too. In the first half of pedal travel, the car accelerates like a fancy luxury car. There is a little resistance in the pedal travel, and when you get past that, the car takes off, like a rocket.
Bill it just gets it right now

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Bill it just gets it right now
We’ll send you the bill.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums