General Software Lag

Skeeterman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sometimes it takes a while for the radio & (mainly) the reverse camera to fully initialize upon starting the car. Two to three seconds seems reasonable based on my Dodge, Mercedes and Audi performance. I find 50% of the time it takes 5+ seconds. I realize it seems petty, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and have to sit....waiting for the backup camera to boot up so I can move safely.

Does your G80 act this way? I can only assume Genesis employs a slower than average chip/processor and it can only do so much when the initial demand of startup checks are happening?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sometimes it takes a while for the radio & (mainly) the reverse camera to fully initialize upon starting the car. Two to three seconds seems reasonable based on my Dodge, Mercedes and Audi performance. I find 50% of the time it takes 5+ seconds. I realize it seems petty, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and have to sit....waiting for the backup camera to boot up so I can move safely.

Does your G80 act this way? I can only assume Genesis employs a slower than average chip/processor and it can only do so much when the initial demand of startup checks are happening?
I'm on my third Hyundai/Genesis product with a camera. I thought they were faster than average to come on. Since I had to go out for the mail, I just tried it. I started the car. Once the engine was running the screen had the Genesis logo and I shifted to reverse and counted: one thousand one. The camera was on. There was a momentary flash that said "preparing" but barely had time to read it.

I don't know what is typical/acceptable, but mine is fast.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
the camera seems to come up quick, but the HU in general takes a bit of time. .

I usually start the car, close the door, put seat belt on, then put in reverse and the camera will come on, but the Genesis logo is still on the screen and no sound from the radio, after backing down a 110' driveway into the street, going into drive and moving about half way down the block the radio will finally come on. I would say a good 20-25 seconds.

I will say this, that the mode you shut down in appears to have some effect. if you are in carplay then the restart seems to take longer, a lot of times I unplug the phone before turning off the car, which will flip it back to AM/FM and the startup seems faster. If I shut down and open door with phone connected and in carplay, the restart seems to take a lot longer.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.