genesis 3.8 mod : is it possible to get wireless phone charging on 2015 genesis 3.8.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Has anyone done any mod on the genesis 3.8 to get wireless phone charging ? Is there a G80 wireless charging pad that can be fitted on older 2015 models ?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
might work, don't know what that console looks like inside on a 2015

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Cant image why Hyundai would not make a wireless phone charging pad for older cars . It would be a excellent add-on to all older cars .
Most of the new phones - iphones and android have support for Qi charging .

Hyundai came up with the news article in 2017 , but have not thought about adding a wireless charging casing.
No more cables: the technology behind wireless charging our phones

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Cant image why Hyundai would not make a wireless phone charging pad for older cars . It would be a excellent add-on to all older cars .
Most of the new phones - iphones and android have support for Qi charging .

Hyundai came up with the news article in 2017 , but have not thought about adding a wireless charging casing.
No more cables: the technology behind wireless charging our phones
car manufacturers don't typically make retrofitted options for older models, what would be the incentive for a consumer to buy a new vehicle if they can just add the new technology to their old model easily?

car manufacturers are in the business to make money, in today's world that means new user technologies and conveniences.

In some cases you can buy the newer parts yourself and make them work though they will hardly be installed and wired in an OEM manner, and typically it is very cost prohibitive to do so, as I pointed out above.

that is why there is DIY and aftermarket options which are a lot cheaper.

I suspect if you buy a Qi platform you can cut and glue it into that area of the console if you wanted to. Personally I wouldn't damage my car in such a way, easier to buy a dock or plug in.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.