• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GENESIS ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR 2020 G90 FLAGSHIP LUXURY SEDAN

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., January 13, 2020 – Genesis Motor America today announced retail pricing for the 2020 G90 flagship luxury sedan. G90, which debuted in North America in November 2019, goes on sale this month nationwide.

Priced at $72,200, the 365-hp G90 3.3T Premium RWD offers a segment-leading set of standard features. The G90 5.0 Ultimate RWD, which carries a price of $75,700, adds executive-level rear seat accommodations, and supplants the V-6 with a 420-hp V-8. All-wheel drive is a $2500 option on both models.

Trim MSRP*

3.3T Premium RWD $72,200

3.3T Premium AWD $74,700

5.0L Ultimate RWD $75,700

5.0L Ultimate AWD $78,200

*MSRP excludes $995 destination charges.

The 2020 G90 incorporates new-car-level design changes on the exterior and interior, further enhancing its presence as the brand’s flagship sedan through the themes of Athletic Elegance and Horizontal Architecture. G-Matrix, a Genesis design hallmark inspired by light reflecting from an illuminating diamond, is applied to the headlights and taillights to emphasize refined proportions and balanced architecture. The 2020 G90 introduces multiple technology firsts for the Genesis brand, including a 12.3-inch display navigation system with touchscreen controls, standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and an unparalleled level of standard active and passive safety systems as part of a brand-level commitment to passenger security and comfort. All Genesis vehicles, including the 2020 G90, offer complimentary Service Valet: the exclusive, no-cost, consumer-focused service program that elevates the luxury vehicle ownership experience.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
I am waiting to find out how much incentives and rebates are there and if the same numbers for the previous model will be offered again.
Close to $4k MSRP 5.5% increase for pretty much the same gut is little bit high specially I am not seeing any other improvement or changes in how Genesis conducting their business.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am waiting to find out how much incentives and rebates are there and if the same numbers for the previous model will be offered again.
Close to $4k MSRP 5.5% increase for pretty much the same gut is little bit high specially I am not seeing any other improvement or changes in how Genesis conducting their business.
I thought the prices increase seemed a bit high too. Genesis really needs to improve the way they conduct business and in the way they treat potential buyers. Many of these potential luxury car buyers will be expecting a better buying/dealership experience. Without it, they'll take their $70k-$80k elsewhere.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
They will have to up it. When I leased my 2017 3.3 FWD, incentives and rebates were around 12.5k IIRC and for is before sale price discount.
With current discount as listed in the article and increased MSRP the cost of leasing will be around $150 higher than before for 36/12 lease.

I leased mine with Los Angeles tax at 9.5% for $805 out of the door for 35 months payment and zero down and zero drive off (783 for 36 months).

Leasing essentially the same car for 950 doesn't make sense

Let's see how things will work.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
So I checked with Edmunds about lease numbers in LA and they quoted for 36/15 a money factor of 0.00142 and $5,000 lease cash. No residual info yet.
If residual is similar to previous model, 43-45% for 15K miles then this will be a horrible lease at the moment.
Have to wait and see how things turn in coming months.
Edit: just heard back, residual for the lease term above will be 49%, which is better than before but the car will still cost plenty as a lease.

Last edited:

pops

Sustaining Member
OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm a bit surprised of the amount of the increase as well. Sales of G90's hasn't been that robust and Genesis isn't setting any records on dedicated Genesis dealership development. Seems to me they are taking the "enter the segment with lower prices, then slowly raise them." tact.

I plan to buy my 2017 in August when the lease is up. It only has 15,000 miles on it and other than the total fiasco 12.5 map update at the dealership, I haven't had any issues with the car.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

G-166031

After shopping used G90s for all December I got 24K off MSRP on my new 2019 G90 Premium AWD 24m lease with a money factor of .00001. 15.25K Lease rebate and 8,845 dealer discount in part because it was a dealer demo. I certainly plan to buy it but with that interest rate I am not in any hurry. My 24m residual is 30,823. I was fortunate to almost immediately take a 2Kmi road trip. What a dream. All the research and homework paid off... I will keep my fingers crossed for the next two years.
I want to do my own maintenance but parts and manuals are thin to non existent.
I just invested in some PPF, Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Window Film and a decent 24x7 touchless car wash membership (because it is black).

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The lease residual is really high, like 12K higher than similar equipment '19's lease deal. Kills the idea of "buy it at the end".

ddoz23

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I thought the prices increase seemed a bit high too. Genesis really needs to improve the way they conduct business and in the way they treat potential buyers. Many of these potential luxury car buyers will be expecting a better buying/dealership experience. Without it, they'll take their $70k-$80k elsewhere.
You are right about that one.

turnne

Registered Member
Where are going to go for $75k with the same options?
Actually there are more options and customization on cars like the Mercedes E class......but in a smaller car ofcourse
Not sure the sticker matters much..these cars are not selling and they will have to discount/offer incentives pretty significantly to move cars
To give you an idea..a lower mileage( 25-35K miles) 2017 G90 is retailing for about half its sticker

Warren

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Several times I've had the car company come back with a lower offer for you to buy if the residual is higher than the local market.
That's good to know. My first new car purchase at the age of 24 was a lease because the money penciled out more favorable, and the residual was a pretty good deal.

If they end up stuck with the car at the end of the lease because residual doesn't match up with market value, they have to sell at market regardless of who want's to buy it, so it would make sense they would re-negotiate at that point - they have no choice.

turnne

Registered Member
That's good to know. My first new car purchase at the age of 24 was a lease because the money penciled out more favorable, and the residual was a pretty good deal.

If they end up stuck with the car at the end of the lease because residual doesn't match up with market value, they have to sell at market regardless of who want's to buy it, so it would make sense they would re-negotiate at that point - they have no choice.
That's not uncommon on luxury cars since they typically inflate the residuals to get a lower payment and move cars
If you notice ,many luxury cars are not worth ..in the retail market....what their lease residuals were

Cars with lower resale..like the G90....they(Hyundai) have to be careful of floods of cars coming off lease and the auction values coming in low
My local Hyundai/Genesis told me they were trying to control inventory..with the lease program....as to try to keep the resale value up as best they could

Not sure how they can do that..untimately unless all the lease returns are controlled by them and sent back to Hyundai dealers

Warren

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Trim MSRP*

3.3T Premium RWD $72,200

3.3T Premium AWD $74,700

5.0L Ultimate RWD $75,700

5.0L Ultimate AWD $78,200

*MSRP excludes $995 destination charges.
2019MY pricing -

$69,350

$71,850

$73,850

$76,350

The price hike is more substantial for the 3.3T - but figure that includes more kit that was standard in the 5.0.

So $1,850 more for the top 5.0 Ult AWD or 2.4%.

That doesn't seem too bad considering the added and/or updated tech and more luxurious interior.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums