Genesis cars win accolades, offer value-so why are sales so bad?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
But major confusion in finding used ones, led me to believe few were selling hence next to no used ones.
Interesting conclusion, but why wouldn’t you just as easily conclude that the G90 is made so well that few owners are willing to part with theirs? I am very happy with my ‘17 and have no intention of getting rid of mine.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
How do you get free NetFlix on your phones? A "benny" from your cellphone provider? Do you get wifi service on your rear seat screens now?
Lease terms are high, so less folks are leasing, so there is a greater demand for used Genesis and that drives prices DOWN?

Johnhw2

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just confirmed my local dealer Genesis web site has no section for used inventory. He has a couple of lightly used ones from a golf tournament use in DFW but they are listed under the chevy store used inventory. Has anyone seen a few certified used ones? Not many on big car internet sites either, just a few in my region.

audioholic

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Lease terms are high, so less folks are leasing, so there is a greater demand for used Genesis and that drives prices DOWN?
I’m not sure what’s going on this board. I didn’t come to argue with anyone (well it is the internet so I should have known better). I deleted my posts. Good luck to all the Genesis owners.

Skeeterman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was so impressed with my 2015 485HP Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, when it came time to need a sedan I wanted to try a Chrysler 300. You see them everywhere. I loved the ZF tranny and muscle car look of the Challenger and the 300.

Then I stumbled on this from you tube by searching for "Chrysler 300 vs XXX".

Never looked back. G80 is more than everything I wanted in a cruiser.

Never gave a thought of Gen/Hyundai. Even have a dealership in our little town in OH.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Went to my local Hyundai dealer twice - drove 2 cars... told the salesman what I was looking for, color etc. and he never called me back.
Finally found a great 2015 at Carmax and went for it. Thoroughly enjoying it and looking forward lowering it and adding foglights. I keep cars for a long time (last one 16 years) and hoping to get good service out of this one. These are beautiful cars and one of the reasons I like it is that they're not very common yet.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
These are beautiful cars and one of the reasons I like it is that they're not very common yet.
Same here. You can line up a dozen brands of SUV and can barely tell them apart at 50 paces, but a Genesis does not look like most other cars.

YEH

Registered Member
I just confirmed my local dealer Genesis web site has no section for used inventory. He has a couple of lightly used ones from a golf tournament use in DFW but they are listed under the chevy store used inventory. Has anyone seen a few certified used ones? Not many on big car internet sites either, just a few in my region.
Doubt Genesis will start a CPO program until after a few years after the '19MY have hit the lots.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Genesis doesn't act like they are interested in selling cars period.
Got their start to show they can make a luxury car, now acting
like KIA with the K900.
Hope that changes if they get separate dealerships

jsmit86

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
It has been stated above, but the biggest factor in the sales decline is the deliberate reduction in inventory while they transition to the new Genesis dealer agreements.
The have not brought any new Genesis vehicles into the USA since FEBRUARY!

I was considering purchasing a new G80 when my 2015 lease expires. Currently there is a total of ONE car that meets my criteria in the entire nation. Oh... I'm in the Chicago area, that car is in Washington state.

As luck would have it, I've had to deal with a few expenses this year that will require a downshift in the price of my new car. Genesis would be my first choice if the $$$$$ were available. As luck would have it, I will likely be purchasing a Jeep Cherokee Overland instead. A totally different vehicle, but it meets my requirements.
(before someone launches a knock on Jeep/FCA.... the 2014's and early 2015's had issues... pretty much solved now. It'll be -$15K vs. the Genesis with a lifetime maxcare warranty.)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Genesis doesn't act like they are interested in selling cars period.
Got their start to show they can make a luxury car, now acting
like KIA with the K900.
Hope that changes if they get separate dealerships
I was at my dealer this morning. They are set to become a Genesis dealer, but it was frustrating for them with all the changes. He figures it can be another month before the G70 show up, He only has a half dozen G80s to sell, all 5.0.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.