Genesis Connected Service

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone else having an issue with the app and the "Genesis Connected" service? I still haven't been able to register and Genesis doesn't seem to know why ...

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Working for me. Started car fine at lunch and shows car status as shut off and locked when I just checked it. Only thing I don't like is when I press the vehicle status button, you'd think it would show CURRENT status at the time I pressed the button, instead it shows the last transaction and I have to hit Refresh to show the actual "live" status.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

mrezk

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone else also find it very slow? And for some reason every time I open the app it brings me through a tutorial, Does everyone have that issue?

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Slow, yes. Tutorial, no. There's probably a box or setting you need to check to stop it from popping up.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For the American's posting, the OP is from Canada and we have a slightly different app.

That said, I had no issues setting mine up but I know I had to wait a day or so from when I purchased.

Just checked, I received the following email from connectedservices@genesiscanada.ca 2 days after buying my car:
Hello and congratulations on your purchase of a BlueLink-equipped vehicle!
If you have not yet enrolled for your services, please be sure to enter the following information when doing so.

First Name: xxx
Last Name: xxx
Postal Code: T6T xxx
I don't recall if the enrollment was through the app or online but I got this email the next day:
Welcome to Genesis Connected Services!

You have successfully completed the enrollment process for your 2019 GENESIS G70 and have activated all your Genesis Connected Services.

Username: xxx@xxx.ca
Your password was created during registration.

Manage your new Genesis Connected Services account with our convenient and secure Mobile App. (now available on Apple App Store, Google Play and Blackberry World).

To unsubscribe from Genesis Connected Services, please contact Customer Support at 1-844-405-2525.

Thank you for being a valued customer.
And it has worked since.

Good luck!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
anyone got their monthly vehicle report? my app notification says the report is available but when i go in, i can't find any report. I am using the Canadian app.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Click on "Vehicle Health Status" on the home screen (or side menu) and then "monthly health report" on the bottom right.

I am really curious if the driving information part of your report is accurate as mine isn't.

Example:
April report: Car was at 424km, I owned it for 4 days and took delivery with ~40km yet it said I drove 257km
May report: Car was at 3,480km (3,056km in the month) and it said I drove 234km and started the car 10 times...
June report: Car was at 5,938km (2,458km in the month) and it said I drove 1,771km and started the car 113 times - getting closer...
July report: Car was at 8,110km (2,172km in the month) and it said I drove 1,849km and started the car 115 times - closer again, but still not accurate...

I just don't get how it can be so far out.

Please post how yours is doing. I will need my first service in Sept and plan on bringing this up even though it isn't anything serious and they likely won't be able to do anything about it.

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Click on "Vehicle Health Status" on the home screen (or side menu) and then "monthly health report" on the bottom right.

I am really curious if the driving information part of your report is accurate as mine isn't.

Example:
April report: Car was at 424km, I owned it for 4 days and took delivery with ~40km yet it said I drove 257km
May report: Car was at 3,480km (3,056km in the month) and it said I drove 234km and started the car 10 times...
June report: Car was at 5,938km (2,458km in the month) and it said I drove 1,771km and started the car 113 times - getting closer...
July report: Car was at 8,110km (2,172km in the month) and it said I drove 1,849km and started the car 115 times - closer again, but still not accurate...

I just don't get how it can be so far out.

Please post how yours is doing. I will need my first service in Sept and plan on bringing this up even though it isn't anything serious and they likely won't be able to do anything about it.
Yup mine's got some issues too - just received my first monthly report today. Took delivery of the car just two weeks ago, had maybe 40 kms on it and currently at 1,065 kms. My report shows 699 kms as total distance traveled? I assumed it was to do with it being a 'partial' month but maybe not. Not sure about the accuracy of the number of starts - shows 27 which sounds possible, but probably low.

Also noticed in the app it shows service should be "every 6 month(s) or 12,000 kilometers" and yet in the service booklet they provided with the car it shows 12 months or 10,000 kms?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Could it be you traveled that far but drove 1025kms to get there? Navigation, for instance, often give the air miles to a destination but then when you actually start the guidance it give the road miles. Seems odd, but possible.

We don't get that information in our report in the states that I can see.
Lol didn't think about that but maybe!! Such a minor thing I'm not concerned about it.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also noticed in the app it shows service should be "every 6 month(s) or 12,000 kilometers" and yet in the service booklet they provided with the car it shows 12 months or 10,000 kms?
I posted that somewhere on this site before as well. Mine is the same. In the car though it says 10,000km so in the car it is correct, but app it is not correct.

Another funny thing is I have the monthly service report set to email me as well, and in the email it says "please log into your account and select your preferred dealer". I clicked on the link and couldn't find anywhere to choose that. lol

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Could it be you traveled that far but drove 1025kms to get there? Navigation, for instance, often give the air miles to a destination but then when you actually start the guidance it give the road miles. Seems odd, but possible.

We don't get that information in our report in the states that I can see.
I doubt that because in June for mine it reported 234km and I traveled 3,056km so not even remotely close. It must just be a glitch in the system.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I was looking at the Genesis connected services website and noticed that you can see all the stuff from the app on our computer.

Even start your car from your computer:
Engine Start.JPG

Another interesting thing I found that isn't on the app, is that you can look at your notification history:
Notification History.JPG

As an FYI, the one fail I have above was when I put in the request, and I managed to get ready, go outside, and open my door before the car had a chance to start. Had I been patient it would have started.

Anyway, not sure how often or ever I will use the website vs the app on my phone, but kind of nice to know that there is another way to check on the car if needed.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.