Genesis Coupe vs Scion FR-S

bobshine

Registered Member
Wimberley, TX
Thanks for the review. Your tests came out just like my test drives. I had a Genny Coupe for about 18 months and loved the way it handled. The wife and I have physical issues and getting in and out proved to hard so we ended up trading for an Elantra GT loaded and really like the car. Still have my Genny Sedan for longer road trips. I do miss the sound of the Coupe's exhaust when gaining speed.

guybo

Registered Member
This is the first review I have seen that actually mentions the #1 reason I got a gen Coupe over a FRS- the back seat. It's a MAJOR problem every other review just happily glosses over. I always thought it wierd that more than one review I read had the under sized FRS tires as a PLUS because it makes the car "more fun" to drive. It makes me wonder who's paying who to write these inane reviews. Every single one says that the FRS is the best car to buy even though it's dog slow. Oh, did anyone mention the high failure rate of the engines? Long term, the FRS is turning out to be a problem child.

Noxxy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Ya I was really disappointed with the FRS. I thought it would be a much funner car to drive!

Thanks for the tip Lando, Do you have any suggestions on what to expand on?

I did not know the FRS had engine problems! I will do some research into this and add it to the article

guybo

Registered Member
Ya I was really disappointed with the FRS. I thought it would be a much funner car to drive!

Thanks for the tip Lando, Do you have any suggestions on what to expand on?

I did not know the FRS had engine problems! I will do some research into this and add it to the article

That wasn't my main reason for not getting one. I was looking at them then I tried sitting in the back.... my kids fit fine in the back of my Gen, but with the front seats all the way back there is maybe 1" of leg room in back of the FRS. I'm sure it is fun to drive even with the anemic 2.0 they have in it, I just need more.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums