Genesis Dealers with plans for a separate building

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Starting this thread to identify dealers committed to Genesis brand In building a separate dealership.

Has anyone found a dealership that plans to seperate from thier Hyundai location?

Vet

Registered Member
Hampton Roads, VA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Starting this thread to identify dealers committed to Genesis brand In building a separate dealership.

Has anyone found a dealership that plans to seperate from thier Hyundai location?

I asked a salesman from checkered flag Hyundai in va beach at a car show a few weeks ago. He said that they’re going to build a separate genesis dealership when the genesis SUV releases. When that is I don’t know.

CoVaG70

Hampton Roads, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I asked a salesman from checkered flag Hyundai in va beach at a car show a few weeks ago. He said that they’re going to build a separate genesis dealership when the genesis SUV releases. When that is I don’t know.
I'll echo what Vet has said. When I purchased my G70 from Checkered Flag Hyundai World in Virginia Beach, my salesman and the sales manager stated that they are building a separate Genesis dealer. They also mentioned that (at least according to them) they would be the only standalone Genesis dealer in the area.

frankly

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
ditto for my dealership in cherry hill nj

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm in the State of Washington and AFAIK, there are NO dealers selling the G70. Wondering if where the locations selling the G70 are, do you see some actually on the street? I've been told the same line, as soon as the SUV arrive, there will be actually separate Genesis dealers. I'll believe that when I see it. At this point I'm thinking Genesis is a hobby situation with Hundyai OR the worst roll out of a line of cars in my lifetime. The Hundyai dealers here that actually have the G80 only have a few in stock.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Genesis of Cherry Hill NJ has bought the Lenahan Dealership building on Rt 73 and is currently using the lot and Service Bays. Put a new Genesis sign out front but say it will be a couple of years before they move to the Showroom.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm in the State of Washington and AFAIK, there are NO dealers selling the G70. Wondering if where the locations selling the G70 are, do you see some actually on the street? I've been told the same line, as soon as the SUV arrive, there will be actually separate Genesis dealers. I'll believe that when I see it. At this point I'm thinking Genesis is a hobby situation with Hundyai OR the worst roll out of a line of cars in my lifetime. The Hundyai dealers here that actually have the G80 only have a few in stock.
Washington
Genesis of Everett: Shows no 2019 inventory at present.
Genesis of Vancouver: Has 4 G70's.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
EXCUSE ME! Hyundai of Everett does seem to have the G70. I've been out of the country since Dec 31st and just returned a few days ago. In taking a quick gaze at Seattle area dealers on return, I haven't seen any that have the G70 and only a few that have the G80.

I just want the company to be successfull and I still think it's been terrible rollout with the G70 in the US. Canada has had the G70 for nearly a year now. I still think my G80 Sport is the "cat's ass" (whatever that means), but I might have gone for the G70 in March '98 if it had been available. I briefly considered buying a Canadian model at the time.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
There are currently no Genesis dealers planned for the immediate Seattle area, of course that can change very quickly if any decide to franchise with Genesis.
To state the obvious, a separate only Genesis dealer is not going to happen until they get at least one SUV on the lot. Just way too much overhead for the present trickle of sales presently.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Probably better to wait until both the GV80 and GV70 are available.

But, at the same time, the GV80 is due to launch later this year (at least in Korea) and the GV70 3-5 months after that.

So that likely means a 1st or 2nd Q 2020 NA launch for the GV80 and a 3rd or 4th Q launch for the GV70.

It takes a yr+ to purchase land, obtain all the permits, build the infrastructure, etc. for a new auto dealership.

So if they want to be up and running by the time the GV70 hits the lots, they'd better at least be starting the planning process pretty soon.

But aside from a few high volume dealer groups w/ deep pockets, most thinking about possibly building a separate Genesis store will want to wait and see how sales go for a couple of years.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Which is why I stated that aside from a few high volume dealerships w/ deep pockets, the rest that are even contemplating a possible separate Genesis store will wait a couple of years to see how sales go.

But as Lincoln has told its dealer group, the franchises that have built a separate store are the ones that have seen sales grow the most.

Hence, can see the large volume dealers in the biggest markets planning for a separate Genesis store regardless.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Spoke to the dealer in New Castle, Delaware yesterday and they on moving into a seperate building. They may move the neighboring Mitsubishi unit (Hertrich owns that too) to another building and take that over for Genesis or move into a new site in Wilmington where the other luxury brands are located. I would think that until the SUV is out they will stay put. They've only had a couple G70s so far and they're the only Genesis dealer in the state.

Ann L.

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Phoenix has 4 Hyundai dealerships. Chapman is building a separate Genesis store and it will be open May/June 2019. If they don't separate this model will go the way of the Equqas (sp). Our Hyundai dealerships have G70/80/90 on their lots and you can get a loaner when you take your car in for service. I believe they are in a make or break time with the brand, not sure they are going to make it..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.