Genesis Emblems

I appreciate your information. Great photos. So, let me get this straight. You placed the steering wheel emblem on top of the old flying "H" emblem without removing it? Doesn't it stick up and away from the surface like that?
Yes, it sticks up but the amount is minimal; the emblem is concave so it "encompasses" the OEM emblem. Behind the "flying H" emblem on the sedan and the coupe is the air bag mechanism, so to risk not damaging it by trying to remove the OEM emblem, it is recommended that you just place the new emblem (with a little heat) on top of the OEM emblem.

PMCErnie said:
Warning: I sure hope that no one else here emulates Silver Gen in using a heat gun to remove emblems from their car. It's just not necessary. Sure, a little warmth from a heat gun won't hurt if hot sun is unavailable, but there is no need to melt down emblems and risk damage to your paintwork. There are plenty of instructions on this site about how to remove an emblem the right way. It involves warmth from the sun, fishing line or floss, and gloo remover.
To "emulate" me by using a heat gun to remove the emblem is not an issue; the issue would be the over use of a heat gun to remove it; are you familiar with the saying, "everything in moderation"?

As you can see from my pictures, there was no damage to my paint whatsoever; what "melted" was the emblem, not the paint. The way the emblem looks was more due to the way I twisted and pulled on it to remove it, rather than it actually being "melted". This was also the same heat gun I used to heat up the surface of the steering wheel and the steering wheel emblems on both my sedan and coupe to "install" them. I'm pretty sure the plastic/rubber on the steering wheels would melt and be damaged at a point a lot sooner than damage to paint would occur by using a heat gun.

I love my cars and wouldn't do anything to damage them! As with any tool, if you don't know how to use it, you shouldn't; its that simple!

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Here is a very good video on removing trunk deck emblem. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6l9hfr-J64"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6l9hfr-J64[/ame]

ren3gade

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have a 2012 2.0T and I notice the trunk Flying H has a indention. Will the new Genesis Emblem fit even though its not smooth surface like other version? I want to add all these and see plenty on ebay. thx

boborr7

The wings look Cooler then the flying "H". no embarrassment here. If you wanted to look like a average joe than you should not have bought a Genesis.

Gogero

Why does one need to remove the tabs if there are these OEM without tabs. It appears the KDM have tabs that require this dremmel tool. Confused. Why not buy the OEM. or are they inferior. Thanks.

Jon1nvegas

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello, I am new to the forum and I pick up my 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8l on Saturday. What I found interesting was the emblems on the hood, rear and steering wheel. They are not "H"s, nor wings, the are shaped like a wierd captital letter "M". Oh and the wheels have round grey inserts with wing emblems. I am new to the car so these may be standard, but the "M" throws me. Jim
My 2009 Genesis also has the "M" emblems all around the car. I would like to know what it stands for as well.

exbimmer

Registered Member
Hawai'i
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is there a third party licensed vendor for enhancing Genesis aesthetics and performance like AMG for Mercedes and AC Schnitzer for BMW? Just curious....

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums