Genesis engine blown?

G-691302

On Sunday I was driving my 2013 hyundai genesis coupe on the freeway and I was going about 75 and something did not feel right and when I pressed on the gas pedal my car shut down, and when I parked it on the freeway all my radiator fuild leaked out. After I towed it to a mechanic that I know they said that the engine is blown because the engine is ticking real bad. Does anyone know anything about these engines and do these cars normally shut down like that?

Nolfol

Hasn't posted much yet...
Sound like a blown head gasket
But not knowing anything else can’t say like
Maintenance mileage etc
Did you see your temp gauge was rising ?
How long were you driving it over heating etc

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On Sunday I was driving my 2013 hyundai genesis coupe on the freeway and I was going about 75 and something did not feel right and when I pressed on the gas pedal my car shut down, and when I parked it on the freeway all my radiator fuild leaked out. After I towed it to a mechanic that I know they said that the engine is blown because the engine is ticking real bad. Does anyone know anything about these engines and do these cars normally shut down like that?
Shut down or seized up? If it overheated the pistons can swell and put pressure so it cannot turn. Where did the fluid leak from?

Not enough information to diagnose.

G-387704

Same thing happened with me, i got genesis coupe 2.0 2013 auto, while accelerating engine shut off while i was driving. Towed it to dealership and they said engine is seized. Now I don’t know whether to sell the car or get a new engine. It cost around $6000. I have applied for engine recall and they’ve denied it.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners