Genesis G70 lack of advertising

RoyG70

Registered Member
Manassas, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone seen any Genesis G70 TV commercials in the US? Maybe I missed them, but I have not seen any, although I came across one on YouTube. I am puzzled why they do not advertise this car, or the Genesis brand in general, more aggressively in the US. The G70 won North American Car of the year for crying out loud, and it should be posted all over billboards and TV. The G70 has the potential to be a big seller in the US.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
All of us here are active online G70 infoseekers and I though analytics would throw Genesis ads on my screen. Happened one time.

RoyG70

Registered Member
Manassas, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All of us here are active online G70 infoseekers and I though analytics would throw Genesis ads on my screen. Happened one time.
Yeah, that too. I was comparing Lexus and Genesis when I was looking for a new car and have been bombarded with Lexus ads every since. No Genesis though.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I saw the same g70 commercial on TV several times recently watching golf

BobLoblaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I went to the dealer (granted, it was a combo Hyundai/Genesis store) and after the test drive asked if they had any brochures that laid out all the different trims/packages/features. He had nothing.

Seems like marketing isn't a priority? Shame, it's a good looking car; would be good to see it on a billboard/TV ad.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Has anyone seen any Genesis G70 TV commercials in the US? Maybe I missed them, but I have not seen any, although I came across one on YouTube. I am puzzled why they do not advertise this car, or the Genesis brand in general, more aggressively in the US. The G70 won North American Car of the year for crying out loud, and it should be posted all over billboards and TV. The G70 has the potential to be a big seller in the US.
I don't know the plan but they have advertised on a limited basis for the past couple of years. One reason, for a long time the dealers were unsettled and availability was limited. It would have been foolish to spend millions of dollars advertising a product not easily available. Meantime, they were spending millions on lawyers, dealer buyouts, and everything it took to put to put dealers in place.

I'm hoping that with the new model year they will start more promotion. Having SUVs on the floor will make a difference too. I want to see the brand and the dealers successful so we get long term support. That said, I got mine so if then never advertised it would not affect my car buying at all.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They're working on it. Now that the network is basically completely up and running, they can focus on drilling down on ads, customer service (I HOPE), and making everyone aware that they're not allowed to buy AB G70's in LA/OC so I can feel special.

PS: That SS looks so god damn good in this video!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They're working on it. Now that the network is basically completely up and running, they can focus on drilling down on ads, customer service (I HOPE), and making everyone aware that they're not allowed to buy AB G70's in LA/OC so I can feel special.

PS: That SS looks so god damn good in this video!

YEAH! SS chase car!!!

Bastiat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've seen a G70 TV commercial multiple times. I thought it was pretty well done, but didn't mention the many honors the G70 has won.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
No G70, G80 or G90 advertising seen. None. Nada. Niente, Zilch.

In addition, I’ve visited three of the local “Genesis” dealers, many in the greater Orlando area, (all Hyundai dealers) and NONE of them have;
1. A stand alone building or;
2. Even building a stand alone building;
3. Ore even a Genesis sign on the property.

What a difference compared to when Lexus and Infiniti entered the US market back in 1989.

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There’s massive advertising here in Canada, seems to be very centred around the major airports. Banners, full 3D digital displays, models out etc. Can’t say I’ve seen anything in print or on TV though, but I don’t have cable so that’s not too unexpected ...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
No G70, G80 or G90 advertising seen. None. Nada. Niente, Zilch.

In addition, I’ve visited three of the local “Genesis” dealers, many in the greater Orlando area, (all Hyundai dealers) and NONE of them have;
1. A stand alone building or;
2. Even building a stand alone building;
3. Ore even a Genesis sign on the property.

What a difference compared to when Lexus and Infiniti entered the US market back in 1989.
Florida has only had real Genesis dealers for a couple of months. Because of lawsuits they were one of the last states to get authorized dealers. Surely you don't expect them to acquire land, design a building and start construction in about two months time. Even signs need permits.

I doubt you will see much going on until they can justify spending the money by having a full line of cars to sell.