• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Okay, so I see as of right now - we have TWO members currently driving the Genesis G80! I guess I need to update the options in our member control panels. I'll do that right now.

In the meantime - tell us when you got your G80!

Congratulations!!!

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
I picked mine up on August 18th. It is Empire State Gray with the ivory interior. 6 cyl AWD Ultimate. And mud flaps.

+1 on the control panel option update.

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
Picked up my 2017 G80 AWD Ultimate Thursday night, Black/Ivory.
$4500 off MSRP. 3 year lease, zero down but for 1st month payment and plates, 12K miles per year, $570/month, 55% residual.

Can't believe how much fun it is to drive compared to my 2014 Equus!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Wow, this is really great! Three new G80 owners already! And, I mean, think about it... What is the percentage of Genesis or G80 owners who are actually HERE in this community! I imagine Genesis Motors is selling a lot of these cars...

I'm creating a Genesis G80 "owner's" picture discussion right now! :D

Solar9616

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I picked my 2017 G80 RWD Ultimate on 9/1/2016. Manhattan Brown/Beige.
3 year lease, zero down but for 1st month payment and plates, 12K miles per year, $570/month.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I picked my 2017 G80 RWD Ultimate on 9/1/2016. Manhattan Brown/Beige.
3 year lease, zero down but for 1st month payment and plates, 12K miles per year, $570/month.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Genesis G80! Wow, it looks to me like you got a great deal. You're driving one heck of a car but under $600 per month. Would you mind posting a few pictures? We don't have all that many owner posted pictures of the G80 yet...

geoelectric

Registered Member
San Jose, CA
Hi, there. White/Black G80 3.8 RWD Ultimate, leased last week at Capitol Genesis in San Jose.

Didn't get as good a deal as the last person, but after calling around and negotiating between the two closest Genesis dealers I got a base price $1K over invoice and an additional $3500 in discounts/rebates between lease cash, competitive, and dealer flex cash. I probably could have gotten lower with more patience, but that's never been my strong suit.

Re: relevant lease details, the residual was 55% and the money factor was ~.00037 (0.89% interest) at the top credit rating. FYI, I was told the residual for the 5.0 was lower, think it was 52% but might have been as low as 50%. I didn't ask about the AWD. I also got a 12K mi lease, and that came with a 0.25/mile overage charge.

I only took two photos so far:

The car...

...and the Bat-Signal.

I'll be lurking about, trying to avoid the painful price-paid comparisons and problem reports, and enjoying my G80!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Your G80 looks awesome! Thank you for posting pictures...

Hi, there. White/Black G80 3.8 RWD Ultimate, leased last week at Capitol Genesis in San Jose.

Didn't get as good a deal as the last person, but after calling around and negotiating between the two closest Genesis dealers I got a base price $1K over invoice and an additional $3500 in discounts/rebates between lease cash, competitive, and dealer flex cash. I probably could have gotten lower with more patience, but that's never been my strong suit.

Re: relevant lease details, the residual was 55% and the money factor was ~.00037 (0.89% interest) at the top credit rating. FYI, I was told the residual for the 5.0 was lower, think it was 52% but might have been as low as 50%. I didn't ask about the AWD. I also got a 12K mi lease, and that came with a 0.25/mile overage charge.

I only took two photos so far:

The car...

...and the Bat-Signal.

I'll be lurking about, trying to avoid the painful price-paid comparisons and problem reports, and enjoying my G80!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums