• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

duhmel

There is a temporary shortage of Genesis so dealers are not discounting so much.
Genesis sold about 600 cars nationwide in August. I counted that there are a total of about 100 new G80 and G90 models in the Los Angeles/Orange County area so doesn't seem to be a shortage. What has been hurting sales is not a shortage but that there has been zero advertising. I bought my 3.3T G80 for $46,500 with 900 miles in San Jose but the Los Angeles dealers are trying to sell them for $49K - $51K. Very little discounting on the new 2018 models. Very little knowledge of the Genesis line from the sales force. Strange strategy for Hyundai to go silent on advertising Genesis while a pile of unsold cars are on dealers lots unless they are not planning to ship 2019 models until before the end of the year.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Very little discounting on the new 2018 models. Very little knowledge of the Genesis line from the sales force. Strange strategy for Hyundai to go silent on advertising Genesis while a pile of unsold cars are on dealers lots unless they are not planning to ship 2019 models until before the end of the year.
There is a lot of speculation, but I guess they don't want to spend big bucks on advertising when the supply chain (dealers) is still unsure. Hopefully, that will change. As for the sales force knowledge, once dedicated dealers are in place, that will change. That is one of the things driving change. At my dealer, there are a bunch of salespeople, but only two trained people handle all Genesis sales. At another dealer, the qualified sales person has an unusual last name too. Genesis. Honest, he worked there for years.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Genesis sold about 600 cars nationwide in August. I counted that there are a total of about 100 new G80 and G90 models in the Los Angeles/Orange County area so doesn't seem to be a shortage. What has been hurting sales is not a shortage but that there has been zero advertising. I bought my 3.3T G80 for $46,500 with 900 miles in San Jose but the Los Angeles dealers are trying to sell them for $49K - $51K. Very little discounting on the new 2018 models. Very little knowledge of the Genesis line from the sales force. Strange strategy for Hyundai to go silent on advertising Genesis while a pile of unsold cars are on dealers lots unless they are not planning to ship 2019 models until before the end of the year.
There hasn't been advertising or much in the way of incentives/discounting b/c there is a shortage in supply (whatever is left of the '18MY).

Under normal sales volume (1st Q of this year), there is about a 30 day supply of the G80 and G90 left.

W/ no certainty as to the time period when Genesis will get all the approvals/licensing - made no sense for Genesis to promote sales.

Once everything is settled, likely will be a major advertising push (for the G70 and '19MY G80 and G90) and incentives to get rid of what's left of the old stock.

There hasn't been advertising or much in the way of incentives/discounting b/c there is a shortage in supply (whatever is left of the '18MY).

Under normal sales volume (1st Q of this year), there is about a 30 day supply of the G80 and G90 left.

W/ no certainty as to the time period when Genesis will get all the approvals/licensing - made no sense for Genesis to promote sales.

Once everything is settled, likely will be a major advertising push (for the G70 and '19MY G80 and G90) and incentives to get rid of what's left of the old stock.
I agree and at that point they won't be able to give away the 2018's that they have been hoarding

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.