Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis sold about 600 cars nationwide in August. I counted that there are a total of about 100 new G80 and G90 models in the Los Angeles/Orange County area so doesn't seem to be a shortage. What has been hurting sales is not a shortage but that there has been zero advertising. I bought my 3.3T G80 for $46,500 with 900 miles in San Jose but the Los Angeles dealers are trying to sell them for $49K - $51K. Very little discounting on the new 2018 models. Very little knowledge of the Genesis line from the sales force. Strange strategy for Hyundai to go silent on advertising Genesis while a pile of unsold cars are on dealers lots unless they are not planning to ship 2019 models until before the end of the year.
I'm in the market for a 2018 G80 Sport AWD. How long ago did you get yours for $46,500? I have dealers near me thar think they are worth much more still...and they have 2019's on the lot...

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello Folks, new owner of a 2018 White G80 Sport AWD, loving the car so far.

Coming from a Cadillac XTS FWD na3.6, the Genny is leaps and bounds a better car all around.
The only thing I'm missing is the heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear defroster and heated mirrors won't turn on when remotely started.....Gets cold up here in Buffalo.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Coming from a Cadillac XTS FWD na3.6, the Genny is leaps and bounds a better car all around.
The only thing I'm missing is the heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear defroster and heated mirrors won't turn on when remotely started.....Gets cold up here in Buffalo.
Agree. You can turn the defroster on so it should not take much more to turn at least the driver seat on.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

I have the same complaint. Too bad, otherwise it'd be almost perfect.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yeah, my wife's Jeep Renegade heats up every thing on remote too.....all from a push of a button on the FOB....like magic......oh well. :cool:

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I got my New Too Me G80 in July this past summer. 2017 G80 Ultimate 5.0 rear wheel drive. I have Parisian Gray with dark gray leather interior, the car had 11,220 miles on the clock... I know have just under 13,000 on the car.... The car was not a demo or return, but the car was used by the owner of a multi car dealership, and he used it for several months as his personal car using his dealers license on the car...

Adamant

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I also just bought a white G80 3.3T. Your car looks great. What amount of blockage did you get for the window film?
I'll have to get back with you on that, because I don't recall exactly. I got the darkest lower on the rear windshield though, slightly less on the back, and the max allowed for the front.

Rosgal

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Two weeks ago we became the proud owners of a 2019 G80 3.8 Ultimate - Victoria Black with gray interior. This replaces a beloved Mercedes E 320, but after 16 years it was time for an upgrade. We’ve owned Audi and BMW and did not want another. We looked at Lexus, Lincoln, Cadillac, and Mercedes. Nothing compares to the wealth of features you get on the Genesis, even on the base model. The ultimate package is icing on the cake. You can’t beat the price, not to mention the pleasure of not being nickel and dimed to death trying to configure a car with all the features you want. We love our G80. A0551236-3707-4E36-A5CF-8F385612429D.jpeg

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Two weeks ago we became the proud owners of a 2019 G80 3.8 Ultimate - Victoria Black with gray interior. This replaces a beloved Mercedes E 320, but after 16 years it was time for an upgrade. We’ve owned Audi and BMW and did not want another. We looked at Lexus, Lincoln, Cadillac, and Mercedes. Nothing compares to the wealth of features you get on the Genesis, even on the base model. The ultimate package is icing on the cake. You can’t beat the price, not to mention the pleasure of not being nickel and dimed to death trying to configure a car with all the features you want. We love our G80. View attachment 16887
Nice! The Ultimate has plenty of goodies to keep you comfy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.