Genesis GV70 Reviews

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let's share any previews/reviews here (thanks to backslack for sharing this video in the other thread).

Pleasantly surprised at how roomy the back seat is. Strongly leaning towards getting this for the wife next year based on the info so far, just need the price for the 2.5T.

Backslack

Registered Member
Charlie said the Korean price range (converted to USD) was $45-70K. For reference, the Korean GV80 tops out at $85K converted to USD. I think it'll top out in the low-mid $60K range when it gets brought to America, which keeps it in line with "10-15% cheaper than the Germans" strategy Genesis is going with and about $10K below the top-trim GV80.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Charlie said the Korean price range (converted to USD) was $45-70K. For reference, the Korean GV80 tops out at $85K converted to USD. I think it'll top out in the low-mid $60K range when it gets brought to America, which keeps it in line with "10-15% cheaper than the Germans" strategy Genesis is going with and about $10K below the top-trim GV80.

I am hoping the base starts at 40K, given they tend to price slightly lower in the US compared to KDM. I'd be happy with a few options and it being sub 50K.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just FYI...I will be updating the following page with GV70 specifics (other than reviews)...

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's something really weird with the panel tolerance on the hood. In the Motorgraph video it's much more apparent; the tiny edge that goes on the side of the grill is blatantly overlapping the front bumper. And in most if not all pictures/videos of the GV70 so far, it looks like there's a gap between the top headlight and the hood. Maybe it's by design, but it bothers me every time since none of the other Genesis vehicles have the gap.

3.3 Rulz

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They didn't make anything great, hood looks all messed up and misaligned with that "design", it even looks like there is a gap between the hood and the headlight for crap to accumulate there.
Interior is nothing great, with that stupid so called 14 inch screen that is so narrow it looks like two 7" screen put together, 10.25 screen looks better.
Cargo area sucks, for that that price, thanks but no thanks.
2022 Tucson looks better, even though they went too far with the side creases, but at least the cargo area is very functional, and the interior is better looking, and they are coming up with a plug-in hybrid too.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Genesis will have an electric version of the GV70...

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Motorgraph World first drive.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

This is a Korean only review but since they're pretty well respected in Korea and known to be unbiased, I'll summarize his key points:

• Hyundai/Genesis had their employees field test the cars for 2 months to avoid all of the issues with the new G80/GV80, and so he believes the rollout of the GV70 will be much smoother than the others
  • He thinks the 2.5T is the "better" engine than the 3.5T engine for this car
  • Comparison to the X3 and GLC
    • GV70 has a much more open field of view with a lower dash profile, and likes the extra window for the A pillar that gives it a more open feeling
    • The dual port/DI is awesome, and at low rpms its use of the port injection makes the GV70's 2.5T engine much more refined and smoother than the 4 pots in the X3 or GLC. He hated the GLC because it felt like an unrefined diesel
    • In terms of transmission, no one can catch up to the BMW's ZF 8 speed, but the GV70's hyundai transmission is close and it's competitive with the German's given the lower price point
    • Having the E-LSD in the sport trim is great and he applauds Genesis for giving it to the lower GV70 trims when the Germans don't offer until the mid-level trims like the X3 M40i
    • The seats in the GV70 are great and comfortable, better than the Germans
    • For suspension, the GLC is horrible. The GV70 over bumps has an initial shock intrusion but it's quickly smoothened out by the rebound compression. The X3 is the other way around. Both are great
  • Additional suspension comments
    • He hated the GV80 because it was too stiff and laments the lack of air suspension for their flagship SUV, but the GV70's suspension is just right for its purpose
    • The dynamic range between comfort and sport plus mode has been greatly increased with the adaptive suspension, and you can definitely tell the difference unlike in past Genesis models
  • He hates the mood lighting on the door handles
  • Overall, Genesis has really caught up with the Germans, and he closes with the wish that the GV70 doesn't suffer the same first-year model issues plaguing the GV80 and G80 in Korea.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Interior and exterior in English review.

Husqvarnasm450r

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I hope it doesn't go over 65K for the GV70 compact suv. I'm not trying to pay $900 a month for compact suv. I really want this GV70 but my backup plan is 2022 G70 and Kia Stinger GT2 AWD.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If a loaded G70 is ~54k USD...I cannot see the GV70 being much over 60k.

That’s my guess.

~6-8k more for some more metal...and some extra tech.

I haven’t checked lately...but what’s the price difference between a loaded A4 and a loaded Q5?

Even price difference between the new G80 and the GV80 (both loaded)?

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would check existing prices for the Q5/X3/GLC. The GV70 should be at most $10k lower than those comparably equipped.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners