Genesis GV70 Reviews

BillT

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I feel that this is one of the worst new product introductions in a long while but on the positive side, it just meant that I was able to get the car I wanted before most people even knew it existed.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Agree with above. Maybe because of limited production they didn't want to make any big announcement yet.

Backslack

Registered Member
GV70 sold over 3,000 units in the past two months, so I doubt the lack of reviews is preventing people from looking. I also suspect that Doug filmed his video weeks if not over a month ago.

Those guys are much more interested in exotics than a Hyundai
Doug actually owned a Kia Stinger for a year as his daily driver, so he's not a badge whore.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
They blew the press launch. Period..

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I got mine on June 10th. Way late for reviews. Hyundai had a full press release on the Santa Cruz months before they hit dealerships. Chip shortage or not. Someone screwed up big time.

Davep

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I think Genesis knows exactly what they’re doing with reviews. Personally, I don’t really care whether the reviews come out or now. I love seeing almost no other GV 70s on the road.

GV70-PA

Our other car is from Ulsan too
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I got mine on June 10th. Way late for reviews. Hyundai had a full press release on the Santa Cruz months before they hit dealerships. Chip shortage or not. Someone screwed up big time.
I read today that the entire allotment of Santa Cruz vehicles is sold. They leave the lot from the time they are delivered faster than a Corvette C8. I guess cutting the back off a Tucson and making it an open bed was a good idea after all.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Etex

Registered Member
Last edited:

Etex

Registered Member
The Savagegeese review is out:

Thanks

Interesting, I tried to enhance the light colored graphs to make them a little easier to read.

Screenshot_20210917-080225.jpg Screenshot_20210917-080225_20210917081841485.jpg Screenshot_20210917-080225_20210917082021715.jpg

Last edited:

Crider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The Savagegeese review is out:

Best review so far really well done. The SQ5 is a boring blob IMO. As is the non coupe GLC43. Drove both of those and yes the GLC43 is quicker and more of a drivers car but not by much. And as they noted, this is the spouses car and she would never notice the difference or care 0-60 in 4.3 sec vs 4.8 sec. Brand snobbery is an issue for sure and if they want to play in this segment they must separate from the Hunyadi dealership experience. But, spouse was an Audi snob (traded her Q7) and now cant stop raving about the GV70.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BillT

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Best review so far really well done. The SQ5 is a boring blob IMO. As is the non coupe GLC43. Drove both of those and yes the GLC43 is quicker and more of a drivers car but not by much. And as they noted, this is the spouses car and she would never notice the difference or care 0-60 in 4.3 sec vs 4.8 sec. Brand snobbery is an issue for sure and if they want to play in this segment they must separate from the Hunyadi dealership experience. But, spouse was an Audi snob (traded her Q7) and is now cant stop raving about the GV70.
Was a pretty positive review. They don't really like that category of vehicle, but they seemed to think this was one of the best for what it was. I do tend to agree that it is a harder sell for the BMW and Mercedes crowd (though I think brand specific dealerships will really help with that) but I found it way better than the next tier competition from Lexus, Acura, Volvo, etc.

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners