• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis GV80 Canada Sales / Delivery

Agent Michael Scarn

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have the 2020 Palisade Ultimate (Limited in USA). I did put down the $1,000 to preorder the GV80. But now I am starting to have concerns regarding the GV80. At $82,000 here in Canada, versus my Palisade List $54,000, is the GV80 worth a premium of $28,000?
Yes the Genesis has 85 more HP, but that is about it, the Palisade has most of the same options as the GV80. Just about all the high tech safety features etc. I will take a close look at the GV80 in 2 weeks at the Toronto car show, there must be something to justify an extra $28,000.
Plus they don't even offer the matte finish paint which many people like. Maybe if the Prestige listed out at in the mid $70,000 range, it would be more acceptable.
I want to say this upfront, this post may seem like I am bashing the Palisade and I am not, the Palisade/Telluride are an amazing 3 row SUVs, with nothing in its class even coming close.

However the gap between the GV80 (especially the 3.5TT Prestige) is really wide. A good way to think of it is that the GV80 has everything the Palisade (and new Sonata) has and more.

From a mechanical standpoint, not only is it a ground up RWD/AWD focused drive-train it has the new E-LSD, this is a far superior set up compared to the FWD/AWD set up of the Palisade/Telluride. The new 3.5TT engine is completely redesigned to be far more responsive and efficient when paired with the DCT. The Palisade/Telluride 3.8 V6 is the exact same motor I have in my 2015 Genesis Coupe just detuned.

The active suspension uses the forward looking camera to adjust the suspension on the fly to smooth out the ride. The frame and body are made of high-strength steel and lightweight aluminum on the hood and doors.

The interior from a materials and layout are top line Benz level with more colour options. I could do a three separate posts on the amount of technology eg; a world first RANC, AR navigation, etc.

From a safety feature standpoint it takes the existing Hyundai/KIA suite to the next level with stuff like semi-autonomous ; it can learn how the owner drives and mimic that person's driving style while in use.

Now is all of this worth the extra $28K...thats a personal decision.

Spill6

Registered Member
The G90 sedan is 89K in CAD. I doubt the GV80 will be anywhere close to that. You guys should wait for an official confirmation of price to make sure that dealer isn't including his own markup in that 82K price.
The SAs have been told to expect 82K for the 3.5 prestige (at Genesis training this week). Hopefully they reconsider that number before pricing is launched.

Spill6

Registered Member
Excellent, thanks. :cheers:
So Genesis has not finalized the trim options / specs so no info on if there will be spare, even on the 5 seater. What I was told they are planning I (personally) didn't like. I won't say as things aren't final and I don't want to start rumours. And it's also personal preference (e.g. do you want 7 seats / do you want 22" wheels). From what I've read in these threads, their plans for trim packages will please some of you.

Spill6

Registered Member
I want to say this upfront, this post may seem like I am bashing the Palisade and I am not, the Palisade/Telluride are an amazing 3 row SUVs, with nothing in its class even coming close.

However the gap between the GV80 (especially the 3.5TT Prestige) is really wide. A good way to think of it is that the GV80 has everything the Palisade (and new Sonata) has and more.

From a mechanical standpoint, not only is it a ground up RWD/AWD focused drive-train it has the new E-LSD, this is a far superior set up compared to the FWD/AWD set up of the Palisade/Telluride. The new 3.5TT engine is completely redesigned to be far more responsive and efficient when paired with the DCT. The Palisade/Telluride 3.8 V6 is the exact same motor I have in my 2015 Genesis Coupe just detuned.

The active suspension uses the forward looking camera to adjust the suspension on the fly to smooth out the ride. The frame and body are made of high-strength steel and lightweight aluminum on the hood and doors.

The interior from a materials and layout are top line Benz level with more colour options. I could do a three separate posts on the amount of technology eg; a world first RANC, AR navigation, etc.

From a safety feature standpoint it takes the existing Hyundai/KIA suite to the next level with stuff like semi-autonomous ; it can learn how the owner drives and mimic that person's driving style while in use.

Now is all of this worth the extra $28K...thats a personal decision.
Good post. Two things: I heard or read that the GV80 2.5 / 3.5 will not launch with the DCT and that came from Genesis. I can't remember where. Not a huge issue as the 8 speed is fast, smooth, and solid in the G70s and the GV80 diesel.

They reduced weight by reducing noise suppression materials and introduced RANC. I'm sure it is quiet, but I bet the X5 is more quiet (65 db @ 70mph). Someone reviewed the Telluride and noted 64 db @ 70mph. I have test driven the Telly when it first launch, before many of the reviews, and it was a damn good drive and shockingly quiet (for a Kia). So I'm not surprised it was mid 60s db. Reviews of the diesel with RANC say it's quiet, but not whisper quiet. I'm not so sure non RANC trims will be all that quiet, which is what I want in a luxury SUV.

Spill6

Registered Member
So the Canada Prestige model is going to have a third row, and yet some people in the US still don't believe that the one coming out here will be exactly the same? :ROFLMAO:
I would rather have the generous storage cubbies than the infant sized 3rd row...

Agent Michael Scarn

Good post. Two things: I heard or read that the GV80 2.5 / 3.5 will not launch with the DCT and that came from Genesis. I can't remember where. Not a huge issue as the 8 speed is fast, smooth, and solid in the G70s and the GV80 diesel.

They reduced weight by reducing noise suppression materials and introduced RANC. I'm sure it is quiet, but I bet the X5 is more quiet (65 db @ 70mph). Someone reviewed the Telluride and noted 64 db @ 70mph. I have test driven the Telly when it first launch, before many of the reviews, and it was a damn good drive and shockingly quiet (for a Kia). So I'm not surprised it was mid 60s db. Reviews of the diesel with RANC say it's quiet, but not whisper quiet. I'm not so sure non RANC trims will be all that quiet, which is what I want in a luxury SUV.
Where was this stated?? And you think the KIA Telluride will be quieter than the GV80???

Last edited:

Spill6

Registered Member
Where was this stated?? And you think the KIA Telluride will be quieter than the GV80???
No idea if it will be more quiet or not. With ranc I'd say yes. Without i would say comparable. We will have to wait to find out. If the 64db reading of the telluride is accurate there are not many vehicles more quiet. I think the x5 is the most quiet of the Germans at 65db. I would for sure go telly over Palisade for this reason. Palisade has lots of wind noise at highway speed. Most cars and SUVs are 70 to 71 dB....

Last edited:

Spill6

Registered Member

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Get what you want, but I don't see an aftermarket hitch looking bad UNLESS the electrical plug is a dangler. Aftermarket/original receiver should still be sticking out just under the bumper. The only worry should be whether there is a place to bolt the receiver on to the frame.
The problem is that bumper is quite low already. To have a hitch under that will be really low. I was originally hoping for something like on my current Jeep pictured below where about a 12" wide section in the middle of the bumper pops off to reveal the hitch and wiring plugs. The GV80 bumper looks lower than this and keep in mind the Jeep's air suspension is in park mode here so 1.6" lower than normal height and 1" less than highway height.

20200127_165330.jpg

Londoner01

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would rather have the generous storage cubbies than the infant sized 3rd row...
Received this info from Genesis Canada today. I put down my $1,000 deposit in Jan/2020. Now I am to pick my Trim/Colour etc today. Can be changed in the future:
AVAILABLE TRIMS
GV80 2.5T ADVANCED AWD

Estimated Delivery: 2nd Half of 2020

Key Features
  • 2.5L turbocharged inline 4-cylinder engine
  • All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with Terrain Mode Select
  • 8-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel shift paddles
  • 5-passenger seating with 40/20/40 folding 2nd row
  • 19" aluminum alloy wheels with Pirelli all-season tires
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Highway Driving Assist II, High Beam Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, and Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist
  • 14.5" touch-screen with navigation system and DIS controller
  • 8.0" LCD instrument display cluster
  • Proximity keyless entry with push button start and remote engine start
  • Proximity-activated hands-free tailgate opening
  • Wireless charging
  • Heated leather steering wheel
  • Heated front seats and rear seats
  • Quad LED headlights with LED taillights, side repeaters, and reverse lights
  • Rear occupant alert
  • Self-leveling rear suspension
  • Genesis Connected Services
GV80 2.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
Includes 2.5T ADVANCED AWD features plus:
  • Genuine leather seating
  • 20" aluminum alloy wheels with Michelin all-season tires
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • 14.5" touch-screen with Augmented Reality navigation system and DIS controller
  • Around View Monitor
  • Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Fully automatic rear climate control
GV80 3.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
Includes 2.5T ELITE AWD features plus:
  • 3.5L twin-turbocharged V6 engine
  • 7-passenger seating with 40/20/40 folding 2nd row and 50/50 fold-flat 3rd row
  • Electronic Control Suspension with Road Preview
  • 22" aluminum alloy wheels with Michelin all-season tires
  • Genuine wood interior trim
  • Genuine leather seating with quilting
  • 18-speaker Lexicon® premium audio system
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • 14.5" touch-screen with Augmented Reality navigation system and DIS controller
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T PRESTIGE AWD

Key Features
Includes 3.5T ELITE AWD features plus:
  • Electronic Limited Slip Differential
  • Active Road Noise Cancellation
  • 12.3" 3D TFT LCD digital instrument cluster
  • “Ergo Seat” with 16-way driver’s power-adjustment and extension
  • Driver State Warning (DSW) with camera
  • Parking Collision Avoidance-Assist Rear (PCA-R)
  • Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
  • Nappa leather seating with quilting
  • Microfibre suede headliner
  • Ventilated front and 2nd row seats
  • Power-folding 3rd row seats
  • Power-operated side rear sunshades
  • Power door latch system
NEXTSAVE PROGRESS

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Received this info from Genesis Canada today. I put down my $1,000 deposit in Jan/2020. Now I am to pick my Trim/Colour etc today. Can be changed in the future:
AVAILABLE TRIMS
GV80 2.5T ADVANCED AWD

Key Features
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Highway Driving Assist II, High Beam Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, and Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist
  • Wireless charging
  • Rear occupant alert
GV80 2.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T PRESTIGE AWD

Key Features
NEXTSAVE PROGRESS
$ ?

Spill6

Registered Member
AVAILABLE TRIMS
GV80 2.5T ADVANCED AWD

Key Features
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Wireless charging
  • Rear occupant alert
GV80 2.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T PRESTIGE AWD

Key Features
NEXTSAVE PROGRESS
This is not going to cut it. Only the 3.5 Prestige gets a digital dash? Pony up (est.) 80K CAD.

And 3.5s only come with 22s (US trims show 20s for Advanced and 22s for Prestige).

And only the 3.5 gets the Lexicon audio? I think upgrade audio comes with the G70 2.0 Elite (Advanced does not). But GV80 2.5 Elite doesn't get it?

So if you want a good sound system, which I can get on a 50K RDX A-Spec, I have to pony up to a 3.5 trim. And then I get the 22s and drive around Toronto and hit pot holes and bend the rims.

I will wait for pricing but may get a refund on my deposit and get an A-Spec RDX for 43 (negotiated) or base Lexus RX for 50 (negotiated). And I've been waiting on this thing for 3 years....

Agent Michael Scarn

AVAILABLE TRIMS
GV80 2.5T ADVANCED AWD

Key Features
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Wireless charging
  • Rear occupant alert
GV80 2.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T PRESTIGE AWD

Key Features
NEXTSAVE PROGRESS
These packages are BRUTAL...there’s really isn’t any practical reason why anyone would chose the 2.5t over a Palisade.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My thots... if I were to get the GV80. (I'm not. My plan is G80)

I'd get the Prestige package in Uyuni White exterior with the Obsidian Black with Vanilla Beige Nappa Leather interior. It appears the Urban Brown with Vanilla Beige isn't available here.

Spill6

Registered Member
My thots... if I were to get the GV80. (I'm not. My plan is G80)

I'd get the Prestige package in Uyuni White exterior with the Obsidian Black with Vanilla Beige Nappa Leather interior. It appears the Urban Brown with Vanilla Beige isn't available here.
I'd have to go 3.5 prestige with blue on dark tan..... But at 82... I'm not there. 75-77 I'm in. TRIMS are not well packaged. I'm a bit surprised as they would have Genesis management and boutique sales managers providing input I would think. They should know what is going to make a sale vs the competition...

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
AVAILABLE TRIMS
GV80 2.5T ADVANCED AWD

Key Features
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Wireless charging
  • Rear occupant alert
GV80 2.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T ELITE AWD

Key Features
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Around View Monitor
  • Ventilated front seats
GV80 3.5T PRESTIGE AWD

Key Features
NEXTSAVE PROGRESS
You got an email that allowed you to log in and configure your existing reservation, or you made a new one?

I put my deposit down on January 15 but haven’t received any email.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums