• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis has failed me!! Genesis will not recognize me as the "Owner" of my G80 and will not honor the warranty!!

charris7298

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The vehicle in question was advertised as a “special” promotional vehicle with 0.9% financing and the best warranty in the country; a 10 year 100,000 powertrain warranty and a 3 year “free” maintenance package just like you offer on your new cars. When I went to the dealership they reduced the 100,000 powertrain warranty to a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty and the balance of 3 the year “free” maintenance package which was 2 years and 1 month as the car had 729 miles on it. I was told the owner of the dealership was driving it. The Finance Manager verbally confirmed this at the time of sale and my wife is a witness to this. I purchased the extended mechanical warranty from The Finance Manager as well, the 10 year 100,000 powertrain warranty. Mark Smolyar verbally confirmed this at the time of sale and my wife is a witness to this. Someone for Genesis needs to honor this agreement. I will be consulting with a lawyer this week to see if I can void the sales contract and return the vehicle for a full refund which will include my $12,000.00 trade in. My brother’s wife is the personal secretary for the NYS Attorney General, and I am discussing this matter with her as well.

I am completely ashamed of my dealings with Genesis Corporate, Genesis of Atlanta, and especially Taylor Hyundai/Genesis of Augusta! This issue has caused my opinion of your companies to completely erode.

I need something extraordinary done to repair my faith in your companies. If not, I will be getting rid of this car! I will be posting this issue on my Genesis Forums Website today to make other Genesis owners, and potential owners aware of your tactics to deceive buyers and not deliver on your agreements!!

Sincerely,
Charles P Harris

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with Genesis or their Dealerships????

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Seems this is more a dealer issue and not a corporation issue since Genesis corporate did not make the promises. Hopefully you got everything in writing so at the end of the day no one can claim confusion. Finance guys are the ones who always try to up-sell and use a little smoke and mirrors with paperwork. If I finance I use my credit union and stay away from dealers unless they have something extraordinary to offer. The dealer needs to honor their commitments but we all have read here prior that some dealers really don’t give a crap about customer service. Hopefully this can be straightened out.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm confused. So you bought a car with just "verbal" agreements to things you wanted to be included with the sale and you went through the whole process of signing paperwork and dealt with financing paperwork and never once asked for all these "verbal offers" to be put in writing?? Or am I totally missing what's going on?

Oh and I love it when folks claim they will "GET A LAWYER!!" and the good ol' claim of "MY RELATIVE WORKS FOR (FILL IN THE BLANK )HIGH POWER FIRM!!!" kind of stuff. Yeah, not buying it.

If you didn't get everything IN WRITING then it's on you and you are SOL. Now if you DID get every detail in writing and signed by them, then yes, they have to honor whatever it was you signed up for.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

charris7298

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
This is confusing. What are they not honoring? Are you first or second owner? Was the car titled before?
What specifically did the ad say? Yes, they honor the new car warranty and second owner it is reduced so you were offered an extended warranty. Seems they explained that to you.
The add said the car was a "promotional" vehicle and came with 0.9% special Genesis financing, the best warranty in the country, a 10 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and 3 years of free maintenance service. They had about 10 promo vehicles in the add. My G80 5.0 Ultimate car had 211 miles on it when I negotiated the deal online, but I was told that the manager of the dealership had driven it. This is where I thought the 211 miles came from. When I went to Atlanta to get the car I test drove it it saw it had over 700 miles on it and mentioned that to the salesman. He said " I told you the manager drove it". I said yes, but you didn't tell me he drove it over 500 miles. They mislead me. When I entered the financing office, that's when they told me that the car was only covered for 5 years and 50,000 miles and I would only get the balance of the free service, which at the time was 2 years and 1 month. I loved the car so I decided to buy it, but I wish I never did.

So I take my car for it's 7500 mile service, 10 months after I bought it, and the dealership tells me that I do not have the free maintenance coverage.

Here's what upsets me the most!! So I contact Genesis corporate and tell them all this. They tell me that I am not the owner of the car, and I need to provide them with 3 separate documents; really?? Please provide The sales contract, the bill of sale, and the application of Title. So I provide this information. This all happened 2 months ago. I am still fighting with them to honor the free service warranty? The service provider never got paid and he keeps reminding me of this! I can go on and on with all this! I find Genesis Corporate, Genesis of Atlanta (where I bought the car), and Taylor Hyundai, Genesis of Augusta (the Service Provider) to be completely disjointed when it comes to communicating. Nobody knows anything and what also bothers me is that nobody seems to want to do anything. Genesis Atlanta has tried to fix the problem and still are, but Taylor Hyundai has been horrible to work with. The Concierge is rude and uninformed and uncaring as are the Service individuals I tried to work with. I still love the car, but it is not worth all the headaches! I feel totally disrespected by all of this and if Genesis does not step up and go above and beyond what I am asking for, I'll be getting rid of the car. I DO NOT trust them and feel totally uncomfortable having to deal with them. After all this I do not trust any of them.

charris7298

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for all the negative feed back. I don't really care about this car deal, but I do care when I am disrespected by anyone; especially a company I do business with. AND everything you spoke of should have been explained to me and put in writing!!! The dealership is and was misleading as they did not provide me with the proper documentation. Don't worry though, I'll get what I was promised and them some!!

How's that for ranting??

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Yeah, you won't get far here since Hyundai doesn't own the site.

And you should have done one of two things. Option 1, you should have walked out when you discovered the mileage issue, or B, you should have gotten everything in writing. You did neither and now you're trying to be some crazy squeaky wheel making demands and threatening to hire a lawyer(yeah right).

Sorry but this is all on you sir. Don't be one of those people we see on the news etc who blame everyone but themselves for their own problems.

Oh and p.s. it's spelled "ad", not "add".

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My G80 5.0 Ultimate car had 211 miles on it when I negotiated the deal online, but I was told that the manager of the dealership had driven it. This is where I thought the 211 miles came from. When I went to Atlanta to get the car I test drove it it saw it had over 700 miles on it and mentioned that to the salesman. He said " I told you the manager drove it". I said yes, but you didn't tell me he drove it over 500 miles. They mislead me.
this is where you lose me. They lied right off the bat about mileage and you didnt walk away? Then you go into the finance office and they give you yet more new information about the you only getting the remaining time on the warranty? Ill acknowledge that they seem very shady and its wrong theyre doing that but....idk we have a responsibility to see red flags for ourselves at a certain point

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Boy, tough crowd.
He should have walked, but it does sound like some sketchy stuff going on at the dealer.
I had to send all kinds of proof to Genesis after my dealer apparently sent them paperwork with my first name wrong! This is exactly the kind of trouble (not honoring warranty) that I was worried about.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
this is where you lose me. They lied right off the bat about mileage and you didnt walk away? Then you go into the finance office and they give you yet more new information about the you only getting the remaining time on the warranty? Ill acknowledge that they seem very shady and its wrong theyre doing that but....idk we have a responsibility to see red flags for ourselves at a certain point
You beat me to it. And no offense meant to the already frustrated guy, but a lot of this does fall on him. Then there's the fact that we only know what we're being told by one party. The dealership might have quite a few things to say as well that might help everyone understand the whole story here. Perception is a funny thing when you feel cheated and disrespected.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

charris7298

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Genesis of Atlanta and Genesis Corporate have resolved this issue. They re-instated the full 3 year complimentary Maintenance agreement and the full 10 year 100,000 mile Power Train Warranty. They also told me they are applying the $2795.00 money I paid for the extended warranty to my Genesis Finance account which will lower the total amount I owe on the vehicle.

PL718

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Definitely sounds like they made it right. Sucks you had to mess with it but glad they came through.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums