Genesis of Cherry Hill, Marlton, NJ

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Waiting for a 2019 G80 3.3T Polar Ice to be delivered. So far the Sales Group has been Top Knotch, but you kind of expect that. I've been able to strike a pretty good deal on the new car and Trade-In. Only complaint would be the inability of Genesis to provide information on the availability of cars not on Dealer's lots. You can just about see the cars on the Philly Dock from the Dealership front door! Checking with other Dealers in the area and same situation. They know what they have when the truck drops them off.

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Waiting for a 2019 G80 3.3T Polar Ice to be delivered. So far the Sales Group has been Top Knotch, but you kind of expect that. I've been able to strike a pretty good deal on the new car and Trade-In. Only complaint would be the inability of Genesis to provide information on the availability of cars not on Dealer's lots. You can just about see the cars on the Philly Dock from the Dealership front door! Checking with other Dealers in the area and same situation. They know what they have when the truck drops them off.
I assume that you received your car by now. I purchased a G70 from them. I shopped the web for cars within 50 miles and had them swap one of theirs for one in Freehold NJ.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I assume that you received your car by now. I purchased a G70 from them. I shopped the web for cars within 50 miles and had them swap one of theirs for one in Freehold NJ.
They swapped a car with the Genesis dealer in Plainfield NJ and I took delivery on February 19th. It's been great!

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone care to share their valet service experience from Burns? I am nearing my first 6 month service and although they are not the closest genesis dealer, they seem more competent than any dealer around me. They also have a crapton of G70s in their inventory so I assume they have more experience servicing it than the PA dealers which will likely not have as much experience and also more likely to hoon around in it with the G70 being new to PA.

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone care to share their valet service experience from Burns? I am nearing my first 6 month service and although they are not the closest genesis dealer, they seem more competent than any dealer around me. They also have a crapton of G70s in their inventory so I assume they have more experience servicing it than the PA dealers which will likely not have as much experience and also more likely to hoon around in it with the G70 being new to PA.
I have only had one valet service experience. It was to put pin stripes on my new G70, as promised by my salesman. It was perfect.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Let us know how they do. I'll be scheduling my initial 6K Service with them shortly, probably second week of June.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let us know how they do. I'll be scheduling my initial 6K Service with them shortly, probably second week of June.
I am actually scheduled for the same week as you ;) They confirmed they will use full synthetic oil which was nice to hear. But no free wiper replacements... That's reserved for G90s. They give free car washes but I declined.

GenesisFX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Greetings to the G80 Forum!
Regarding Burns Genesis....I have dealt with them for nearly 2 years since my 2018 G80 Sport. That dealership and staff have been exceptional in service including the valet pickup and drop-off to my home or business. My experience has been to the letter with the Genesis Team at Burns Genesis. This also includes a warranty change of both front calipers as they faded immediately after delivery in August 2017 calipers (became chalky white and stained from the factory matte black). I don't think I have seen 5 G80 Sports in South Jersey in 22 months. A very rare breed and I enjoy all the driver admiration and positive comments about the vehicle in any parking lot or even at a red light! Very happy with the entire Genesis decision...no regrets at all!!!

jaymatt

Registered Member
NJ, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Greetings to the G80 Forum!
Regarding Burns Genesis....I have dealt with them for nearly 2 years since my 2018 G80 Sport. That dealership and staff have been exceptional in service including the valet pickup and drop-off to my home or business. My experience has been to the letter with the Genesis Team at Burns Genesis. This also includes a warranty change of both front calipers as they faded immediately after delivery in August 2017 calipers (became chalky white and stained from the factory matte black). I don't think I have seen 5 G80 Sports in South Jersey in 22 months. A very rare breed and I enjoy all the driver admiration and positive comments about the vehicle in any parking lot or even at a red light! Very happy with the entire Genesis decision...no regrets at all!!!
Good to hear! I just bought my G70 from them 2 weeks ago and was wondering how the service experience would go. The purchase experience went really well and I didn't have any reason to fear but that was before I began reading this sub-forum. Your post helped put me at ease again!

spugger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Can confirm. Saw a G70 trying to do donuts in a parking lot next to a PA Hyundai dealership right around closing time. No plate on the back.

edit: did not appear to be successful. Must have had traction control engaged. :LOL:

Last edited:

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can confirm. Saw a G70 trying to do donuts in a parking lot next to a PA Hyundai dealership right around closing time. No plate on the back.

edit: did not appear to be successful. Must have had traction control engaged. :LOL:
Not surprised, lol. I'm sure my current car was hooned in at the dealer because it had about 50 miles when I purchased it in NJ back in December, and it was a base 3.3T model among several sport/dynamic models in their inventory. I asked the salesman about why it had 50 miles already and he replied they drove it for "quality assurance". I laughed and knew it was BS but so far no single issue with mine after 4,000 miles, knock on wood.

Possible to share which dealer it was in PA? I'm moving soon further away from NJ so I have to choose a PA dealer eventually, preferably one that doesn't do donuts on their own cars. PM me if you prefer.

BobLoblaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just found this thread and it's making me think I should deal with these guys. Anyone know how far they'll go with the Service Valet? I'm 20 miles away, just outside downtown Philly.

I had recently asked for a quote from them, which came back with a ton of fees, though I'm sure I could negotiate those away. Did anyone have issues dealing with price or dealer BS when making the deal?

They also emailed me about the "Cherry Hill Value Package" that's complimentary with purchase. Anyone actively use the benefits it contains or is it just marketing fluff?

Thanks!

jaymatt

Registered Member
NJ, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure about the limit for service valet but a quick call to the dealership should be enough to have that answered.

Here's the details on the Cherry Hill Exclusive Value Package. Just a lot of fluff mostly.

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just found this thread and it's making me think I should deal with these guys. Anyone know how far they'll go with the Service Valet? I'm 20 miles away, just outside downtown Philly.

I had recently asked for a quote from them, which came back with a ton of fees, though I'm sure I could negotiate those away. Did anyone have issues dealing with price or dealer BS when making the deal?

They also emailed me about the "Cherry Hill Value Package" that's complimentary with purchase. Anyone actively use the benefits it contains or is it just marketing fluff?

Thanks!
All automobile dealers sling BS to some extent. I purchased my G70 from Burns on March 27th. The are much better than most. The “Cherry Hill Value Package" is free, and has some value. I haven’t used it yet. I believe that valet service may go as far as 50 miles, but I’m not sure since I live about 2 miles from them. They have already purchased a new dealership lot and building to be separate from Hyundai. It’s supposed to be opened later this year. However the existing dealership is quite nice anyway.

BobLoblaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good to know. This is my first buying experience in the Philly after living in the NYC metro area, and I gotta say, overall, the level of BS and pushiness has been much lower here (not just Genesis). Almost makes the experience pleasant haha

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Bought my g80 sport from them in February, dealt with Taylor. They'll send their valet 50+ miles but I haven't used it. Mine's going in for service next Friday. I feel like I got a good deal with them.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I got my oil change and tire rotation today. They came to my workplace for the car return which could be convenient for some. Everything was pretty professional and I'll take a closer look to check the car at home, but all a good experience. I don't know what the custom is for tipping and I totally forgot to tip the young guy who returned my car and just thought of it after returning to work.

Edit: Ugh, they listed using synthetic blend oil...

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!