Genesis post-purchase gift

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
Spoiler alert...if you want it to be a secret...do not read onward :)

So...first the Gift Certificate...than today I get a nice sized box. Quite nice actually. Open it up...really nice letter welcoming me to the family. Below that a nice brochure describing all the perks of owning a Genesis.

Lastly...below that...a portable phone charger :) Very slick. All black...with the copper Genesis logo. Not sure the value...but who cares...pretty sweet.

It accepts several types of cords to charge your phone. BUT IT HAS wireless charging !!!

Thanks (again) Genesis !!!

Update: So wired charging is at 1.5v and 2.5v (2 separate ports). No idea what the wireless charges at...probably 1.5v. So not fast charging...nor would you expect it to be. I put my iPhone 8 Plus on it...and it says charging. Was at 94%...left it for 20 min...did not go up even 1% :( I know it is charging (or trying to). Perhaps my phone's battery usage (while left alone) simply counters what the 1.5v charges at. I have other charging pads in my house (and the G70) that fast-charge at 10v (although Apple's max is 7.5) and it charges nicely. I also know that when phones get up in the mid-90%...it takes longer to charge. So perhaps I will try it when I am at like 50% or something. And yes...BT is off. WiFi and cellular are on...need to be.

Update 2: I put my daughter's iPhone 8 on it. It was at 70%. After 18 min it was at 81%. So I am thinking the Plus is too much for it.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis G70
Sounds awesome!

I have noticed the US guys mentioning the gift card and maybe this is a second phase, but has anyone in Canada received anything post purchase? For the record, I have not.

Sorry @Beefer not trying to steal your thread, just add to it. (y)

ninjastar687

Registered Member
New Jersey, USA
Genesis G70
Spoiler alert...if you want it to be a secret...do not read onward :)

So...first the Gift Certificate...than today I get a nice sized box. Quite nice actually. Open it up...really nice letter welcoming me to the family. Below that a nice brochure describing all the perks of owning a Genesis.

Lastly...below that...a portable phone charger:) Very slick. All black...with the copper Genesis logo. Not sure the value...but who cares...pretty sweet.

It accepts several types of cords to charge your phone. BUT IT HAS wireless charging !!!

Thanks (again) Genesis !!!
How long ago did you get your G70? I have only received a letter welcoming me sent by Genesis Financial Services. :(

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis G80
Sounds awesome!

I have noticed the US guys mentioning the gift card and maybe this is a second phase, but has anyone in Canada received anything post purchase? For the record, I have not.

Sorry @Beefer not trying to steal your thread, just add to it. (y)
Gift basket from my GXM within a week after delivery but nothing from Genesis themselves!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis G70
^^ yup. water bottles, key chains, gift card, a magnum (or larger) of prosecco very nicely presented, a hand written note from the GXM, a microfibre cleaning cloth for the Nav screen, i think that's about it. classy touch.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis G70
That's from Terry though. The gifts others are getting are either from the dealership or Genesis themselves!
Yes that is right, I have seen other Toronto owners have gotten gift cards and champagne I believe

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis G70
Now I am starting to feel left out... :(

I did have two Genesis insulated mugs and a thank you note in the car on delivery. The corporate gifts are a nice added touch though and sounds like that is still only in the US. Probably trying to make up for the messed up launch. lol

WhoIsHomer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Edmonton
Genesis G70
I got a beer kit and some chocolates in my trunk at delivery as well as a welcome to the family card

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis G70
I got a key chain and a beautiful pen from my dealer the day i got my car. One month later I received the Master Card from Genesis USA. Maybe I'll get another "surprise" from them just like @Beefer . Will see.

PeterPNJ

Registered Member
Genesis G80
I picked up my 2018 G80 Premium in the last days of April 2018. Within a month after purchase, I received a box with a letter from Genesis Corporate thanking me for joining the family, extolling the virtues of Genesis' connectivity, and including a black Echo Dot with the Genesis logo on it so I can "experience and enjoy" the connected features. No gift card or anything from the dealer. I wasn't expecting anything at all though, so what I did get was a pleasant surprise.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums