• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Genesis Prada Engine Bay

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
great job man. my local parts guy didnt have a clue when i showed him the prada engine bay pic. maybe now they will.

Thanks,

When I was looking at it I thought to myself "I am pretty sure the Genny and Equus share platforms. If they do, I'll look at a Equus engine pic to see if they have those covers."

....And they did.

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
Can you link the item off their site please, thanks :)

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The hood (behind the grill) opens?

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
since I am on my phone and at work I will post the link when I get home.

I emailed them and asked about a group rate, will start a new thread for group buy purposes when I receive a reply

jimhuey

Registered Member
Tennessee
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY
these look to be the covers from the equus. may need the brackets and weather stripping too $18ish for the stripping and $8ish for the brackets if needed. doesnt driv200 have the equus? maybe be could check under the covers to verify. anyway, here is what i got from the dealer:
IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure the above order does include both 29313 and 29310B pieces?
Because I went out to my car and looked under the hood , those pieces were simply not there.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
Gentlemen, the price that I posted of $126 includes weather stripping, brackets and covers. add $8 for all the plastic push retainers.

that's a package price for each individual as of right now.

Last edited:

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY
the next questions would be if those 29242 brackets attach to the cover only, or also to the body. also do the equus have the same covers under the 29310 trim pieces as we do? i didnt think they would have been too happy on the sales floor if i started disassembling their car while i was there.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Shadow Please let us know when to pull the trigger.
This is one of the few mods that I rarely see or use with the car LOL.
This reminds me of when I got a R2C intake mod in my coupe that makes me grinn everytime I drive or looking at it.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Morning bump to attract more interests...

jtreadway

Registered Member
I may be wrong, but I don't think the Equus trim pieces will actually fit on a Genesis. If you compare the pictures of the Equus bay and the Prada bay, you will notice that the Equus trim panels are wider than the Prada's. Notice that there are only seven holes across the narrow part of the Prada cover, but there are eight holes on the Equus. Also, the "filler" part of the panel that extends to the side of the engine bay is shaped quite differently. On the Equus there is a angled transition from the perforated part of the panel to the flat part of the panel that fills the gap to the side of the bay, and I confirmed yesterday at my dealership that the Equus side panels are in fact one complete piece, not a perforated cover and a filler panel. On the Prada version there is no angled transition, just a flat filler. Also note that on the driver's side of the Equus the panel goes straight across the transition , but on the Prada it has about a 1.5" offset. Also note that the long skinny trim that sits on top of the Equus panel and runs along the edge of the bay has a bump that matches up with a trim piece coming around from the front. That trim piece does not exist on the Genesis at all, so you would have a weird end of that trim sticking up. I hope I'm completely wrong, so if someone does try this in real life I would love to know what they find.

Attachments

• Prada bay.jpg
    Prada bay.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Equus bay.jpg
    Equus bay.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Genesis bay.jpg
    Genesis bay.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 771

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
Thanks for the closer look.

You have an argument for sure. Now I want an Equus guy and a Genny owner from this forum to get together and figure out whats what....

Also, is it your dealership? If so, how about you pull some panels after hours and figure out just how much modification would be needed. I'm damn handy with cutting, reshaping and remolding plastic.

landtuna

Registered Member
Sandstorm, AZ
With all the new fangled gizmos and gadgets along with hoses and fuel lines, they need a good cover over them. It's not like the old days of basic engines with shiny valve covers and big blowers sitting on top.
:)

DAMN! It'd be sweet to see that blower poking up out of the middle of the Genny's hood. But then, there would go the sleeper.

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the closer look.

You have an argument for sure. Now I want an Equus guy and a Genny owner from this forum to get together and figure out whats what....

Also, is it your dealership? If so, how about you pull some panels after hours and figure out just how much modification would be needed. I'm damn handy with cutting, reshaping and remolding plastic.

Why don't you order a single panel and try it yourself? That's about the only way you will know for sure if it fits or if it can be modified to fit and exactly what is involved. Organizing a group buy on an assumption could be a disaster. If it does fit, increase the group buy unit cost by $10 a pop to cover your time and effort. If money is a problem, why not just order a single panel @ $40 to see if it works or not. Heck, that's about a 1/2 a tank of gas in todays world. If you don't hack it up and see it will not fit, just return the item to Hyundai for a refund and chalk it all up to a learning experience. :D

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Bump for an update if there is any?