Genesis Prada Engine Bay

Stocks2k

Registered Member
Bad news guys. I ordered these from Jim Ellis Hyundai last week. They came in and I tried them out. You can see from the pictures they do not fit. I don't think you could make them fit with any amount of persuasion.

Maybe we can find a source for the Prada parts from Korea.

This his my first time attaching photos so I hope I did that right.

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Driver.JPG
    Driver.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 299
  • Driver Detail.JPG
    Driver Detail.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Passenger.JPG
    Passenger.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Passenger Detail.JPG
    Passenger Detail.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 261

jtreadway

Registered Member
Stocks, thank you for forging ahead and giving us a definitive answer. I hope you can return the parts and get your $$ back.

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY
yes. many thanks for trying and the followup post. the eqqus parts were from a 2012, or from what model years?

Stocks2k

Registered Member
The parts I ordered were for 2011-2013 from what I remember. All three years were listed.

Mark63021

Registered Member
St. Louis
That's a shame. I was really hoping this would be an available mod for those of us who wanted it. Here's hoping for no restocking fees on those parts, and gratitude for your efforts.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Correct part numbers for the Prada Covers

That's a shame. I was really hoping this would be an available mod for those of us who wanted it. Here's hoping for no restocking fees on those parts, and gratitude for your efforts.

I have purchased the correct Prada Covers, Bracket and installed them without issue. Thanks to Instagram user Nevertroll who was nice enough to send my the part numbers. We both ordered them from KDM Motors. You could reach out to them to see if a group buy is a possibility. If you contact them tell them I sent you their way. Definitely makes the engine bay look way cleaner.

Part numbers:
BH 29310-3M000 - LH Cover
BH 29320-3M000 - RH Cover
293143M050 - Bracket Engine Cover RH
86155-2H100 - Retainer Cowl Top Cover Mtg - (8x) Get these at your local Hyundai dealer or cheaper off Amazon

Installed Pics
There is a small 6" long piece of rubber weatherstripping that needed a slit down the middle on the bottom to sit flush with each side covers. There is no off the shelf bracket for the LH cover since our cars did not come with dual hood struts. I purchased an extra RH bracket and will be modifying it to fit. Will post more pics when this is installed.

Nevertrolls Engine Bay with Prada Engine Cover:
Part Number
29240 3F450 - Engine Cover
11906152_878357132248484_986325962_n.jpg

Last edited:

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Crickets...

Funny how there was so much activity on this thread a back in 2014 but when someone offers up all the information... nothing but crickets

84FordMan

Registered Member
NC
Thanks xiaphin!

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Re: Crickets...

I saw the V6 and x-ed out.

(I kid!)

couldve-had-a-v8.jpg

All seriousness though this side covers fit all first generations.

Rich_R-SPEC

Registered Member
The covers do look nice and finish off the engine bay. When I first looked at my car at the dealer I asked if it was missing the plastic panels because they just stopped short of a finished off engine bay. I will have to look into ordering these. Gives it that finished look it should have had from Hyundai. Thank you for your time.

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Depending on how the Charger fits, I may grab these. It depends on the piping running from the firewall to the intake. It would need mods regardless due to the positioning of my intake shield, but I do like the clean look. I have a piece of aluminum running tight with the wheel well (not in pic) that I wonder will interfere with the new garnish. Matt?

picture.php

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY

Funny how there was so much activity on this thread a back in 2014 but when someone offers up all the information... nothing but crickets

lol, sorry man, looks good. i avoid my engine bay in the winter. what did you do for the LH mounting? bent the other RH one? just ordered the coupe sport pedals from KAI. waiting on those. how much did the panels set you back?

harris

84FordMan

Registered Member
NC

just ordered the coupe sport pedals from KAI. waiting on those.

54569312.jpg

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Panel fitment and prices

Depending on how the Charger fits, I may grab these. It depends on the piping running from the firewall to the intake. It would need mods regardless due to the positioning of my intake shield, but I do like the clean look. I have a piece of aluminum running tight with the wheel well (not in pic) that I wonder will interfere with the new garnish. Matt?

picture.php

Panel should fit if the new piece isn't taller than the current wheel well. You can see that the new panels butt up where the lower panel stops and hangs over towards the front of the bar by about an inch. Erik's with RC2 Intake clears without issue but he doesn't have the extra piece by the wheel well you are talking about though..

11906152_878357132248484_986325962_n.jpg

lol, sorry man, looks good. i avoid my engine bay in the winter. what did you do for the LH mounting? bent the other RH one? just ordered the coupe sport pedals from KAI. waiting on those. how much did the panels set you back?

harris

Hopefully your parts show up from KAI. Me and many other past customers avoid them like the plague based off our bad experiences. Doubt their price was any better than the ones I have ran across on E-bay or Tuscani Customs. Post pics when you get them installed in the Aluminum Pedals thread. I have a metal coupe dead pedal that should be here in the next few days. Going to take some modifying to fit but not sure how much just yet.

Panels and both brackets shipped from Korea were something like $85-95 bucks
Have yet to install the bracket on the other side but had planned on putting a spacer underneath the bottom of the mount.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY

Mark63021

Registered Member
St. Louis

LOL... Thanks for the update Xiaphin. I think this is it. If so it's awfully steep for a couple pieces of molded plastic and a small bracket

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners