Genesis Sedan Aluminum Door Inside Catch Plates Now Available!

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
free shipping or discount code for forum members?
No. I started this store as a way to help pay for the costs to run and maintain this community - including my time. What you get by purchasing from me is immediate shipping and the great feeling that comes with supporting the community you love. That's IF you love it. :)

Anyway, I only bought 5 sets for now - and there are only a couple left. So I'm not sure how long that "immediate shipping" is going to last. I'll place an order for a new batch now...

They're also available for $6.00 more on eBay and you can wait a month to receive them shipped from South Korea. In other words, they're already available at a discount if you purchase them from here. There's no need for any further discount.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I was just looking at these because of the other thread posted by the other guy - an LED back plate would be cool so the name lights up

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That's definitely a very cool idea... I wonder if it would be too thick at the rear, though...
there are a few on Ebay that have it:

looks to be some type of flat LED:

i had emailed the seller last year when I first got the car asking for installation instructions and he told me "professional installer can figure it out" his exact words.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
At that price, I will let somebody else check out the quality before I stock them. That's too cheap and I have no confidence that they'll hold up, or even work right to begin with.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
At that price, I will let somebody else check out the quality before I stock them. That's too cheap and I have no confidence that they'll hold up, or even work right to begin with.
I don't disagree which is why I never bought them... that and his response to how to install them.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
and I like yours, but I miss having ambient lighting (my last 2 cars had it), so I would like to find an LED option.. pretty sure it can easily be tied into the existing led that illuminates the pull handled, a plug and play T connector would be a great solution.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Instructions involve drilling a hole in the door panel ... thats not for my car.
eBay

Stick on plate is good enough . Wiring and drilling for the LED is not worth it IMO.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I would also like to mention that there is almost no GENESIS badge or Emblems inside the car , except the steering wheel .

I would have loved Genesis logo embossed on the leather seats , and something on the Wood Bezel (on the dash).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.