Genesis USA website update?

COToad

Registered Member
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
We have G70s on lots, G70 commercials, when is Genesis USA going to acknowledge that they have 2019 automobiles?

Even if they don't have them in all states, you'd think they would want to let people know they will be selling 2019's, G70s or the others.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We have G70s on lots, G70 commercials, when is Genesis USA going to acknowledge that they have 2019 automobiles?

Even if they don't have them in all states, you'd think they would want to let people know they will be selling 2019's, G70s or the others.
They are. The G70 is shown on the site. The Build and Price has been a problem but is in the works. The dealers are not finalized yet. What else do you want?

COToad

Registered Member
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Build and price would be awesome.

The G70 is still listed as coming soon in the brand/introduction area.

Also, put a check box on dealer area for the G70 so we can look for the dealers that do have the car ( I bet those dealers would like that too) Funny we have to use cars.com to look for vehicles on lots.

Compare vehicles doesn't have a 2019 of any kind listed, Genesis or competitors and comparison vehicles default to 2017's even if you pick a 2018 Genesis model.

And, even though I signed up for updates on the G70 multiple times, the only thing I've ever received is Hyundai lease and finance deals.

Marketing/IT needs to make a better effort IMHO. I am patiently waiting and even bought a stop gap car yesterday since I had to turn in my 3 Series lease. Genesis, instead of this forum could be doing a better job at keeping me excited.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Been waiting for that for a long time as well, Can't locate a G70 on most websites unless you input the G70 and name of website in Google Search. The fact that there are G70s on the road already and multiple states that can sell them, and not have the "build" option on the website is ridiculous. I need a breakdown of options, cost and different ways to configure the vehicle. No wonder most people (including me) are steering away from Genesis.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Been waiting for that for a long time as well, Can't locate a G70 on most websites unless you input the G70 and name of website in Google Search. The fact that there are G70s on the road already and multiple states that can sell them, and not have the "build" option on the website is ridiculous. I need a breakdown of options, cost and different ways to configure the vehicle. No wonder most people (including me) are steering away from Genesis.
A few people on this forum are looking at alternatives but does not seem to be most. The general public does not yet know that the G70 exists. A lot of people don't even know that Genesis exists. Yes, a lot of things were done wrong but now they are falling in place.

But you do have a choice. You can be patient and wait for a resolution or pay a lot more for the same features in a different brand.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
On some the best way to search is to search all Genesis and then simply sort by newest.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
They are. The G70 is shown on the site. The Build and Price has been a problem but is in the works. The dealers are not finalized yet. What else do you want?
Really?!?!? You are satisfied with their launch? Gimme a f’ng break.

Not one commercial...tv or mags. No dealer micro sites list it. Main website is a mess. No config. No trim specs on the website. Shall I go on?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Really?!?!? You are satisfied with their launch? Gimme a f’ng break.

Not one commercial...tv or mags. No dealer micro sites list it. Main website is a mess. No config. No trim specs on the website. Shall I go on?
Bitching about it won't fix anything. If they don't have cars at the dealers, what good is a lot of expensive TV and magazine ads? You show up to the dealer to see what? Nothing yet. Yeah, makes sense to have an ad blitz.

Sure, they started off wrong and it is a long process to fix it and not a damned thing we can do about it. That is the reality of it and my blood pressure has not felt any effects.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Bitching about it won't fix anything. If they don't have cars at the dealers, what good is a lot of expensive TV and magazine ads? You show up to the dealer to see what? Nothing yet. Yeah, makes sense to have an ad blitz.

Sure, they started off wrong and it is a long process to fix it and not a damned thing we can do about it. That is the reality of it and my blood pressure has not felt any effects.
I have seen plenty of commercials from competing brands that have brilliant commercials prior to the car being available. I mean...I think they all do it.

You have to get the public educated that the car exists. Otherwise...you end up with the current situation. ~60 cars sitting at dealer lots that are not selling.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A few people on this forum are looking at alternatives but does not seem to be most. The general public does not yet know that the G70 exists. A lot of people don't even know that Genesis exists. Yes, a lot of things were done wrong but now they are falling in place.

But you do have a choice. You can be patient and wait for a resolution or pay a lot more for the same features in a different brand.
Depends on what brand of vehicle you are considering, I was interested in the new BMW G20, until I found out that it won't have ventilated seats, and with me living in Southern California, that is a must. But my main vehicle I am considering against the G70 is the Volvo S60, which comes in at around 43k for a T5 Inscription (I am considering a 2.0 Elite), for a car that has more or less features, it has additional safety features, better quality interior, with the main thing missing on the T5 being the Adaptive Cruise which is not a big deal for me. Also what I've noticed is all Volvo dealers advertise ridiculous pricing online, A bunch of them have pricing as much as 10k+ off with a ton of rebates, so that might a big bonus for me, time will tell.

COToad

Registered Member
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I disagree, posting/bitching about it on a forum of people who might be feeling the same way is the part of the point of this, isn't it? It can't be all sunshine and rainbows. If Genesis is smart, they would even have someone monitoring this and similar forums to gain insight into what their clients/prospective clients are thinking.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I disagree, posting/bitching about it on a forum of people who might be feeling the same way is the part of the point of this, isn't it? It can't be all sunshine and rainbows. If Genesis is smart, they would even have someone monitoring this and similar forums to gain insight into what their clients/prospective clients are thinking.
There is a good chance there are people monitoring this forum. There are some things that take time to do and proper resources to get them done. There are always a few people that think they have the answer but they also have no clue as to what is taking place it Genesis HQ every day.

The G70 has taken the spotlight recently but a few people are still bitching about the lack of an SUV. It is in the works and no matter how much you want something, it is a long process to get it to market.

You can be sure every lawyer they have is working on franchise and dealer agreements. Others are working on logistics to get cars to dealers, marketing is working on advertising another on the web site, if the contents have been finalized.

Put some of what has to be done into man hours. You can do a mass mailing to every Hyundai dealer in short time. Once they have the information about becoming a Genesis dealer, each has to talk to HQ to make a determination to sign up or take the bailout. They have about 1300 dealers. If each one takes an hour on the phone, that is 1300 hours . If the law staff is working a 50 hour week, that is 26 weeks of man time to get it done. I have no idea how many lawyers they have, do you? Do you know how much time must be attributed to every dealer? I'm thinking 1 hour is minimum but can be 3 or 4. That is just one facet of the project.

Easy to sit at your computer and say how things should be done but instead, make a Gantt chart and show us how they are doing it wrong and how to improve it. Then I'll agree with you. All you have now is an opinion.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
There is a good chance there are people monitoring this forum. There are some things that take time to do and proper resources to get them done. There are always a few people that think they have the answer but they also have no clue as to what is taking place it Genesis HQ every day.

The G70 has taken the spotlight recently but a few people are still bitching about the lack of an SUV. It is in the works and no matter how much you want something, it is a long process to get it to market.

You can be sure every lawyer they have is working on franchise and dealer agreements. Others are working on logistics to get cars to dealers, marketing is working on advertising another on the web site, if the contents have been finalized.

Put some of what has to be done into man hours. You can do a mass mailing to every Hyundai dealer in short time. Once they have the information about becoming a Genesis dealer, each has to talk to HQ to make a determination to sign up or take the bailout. They have about 1300 dealers. If each one takes an hour on the phone, that is 1300 hours . If the law staff is working a 50 hour week, that is 26 weeks of man time to get it done. I have no idea how many lawyers they have, do you? Do you know how much time must be attributed to every dealer? I'm thinking 1 hour is minimum but can be 3 or 4. That is just one facet of the project.

Easy to sit at your computer and say how things should be done but instead, make a Gantt chart and show us how they are doing it wrong and how to improve it. Then I'll agree with you. All you have now is an opinion.
Most retarded reply ever. Go work for Genesis...they’ll love you.

COToad

Registered Member
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes, I think it was fairly clear that my opinion is Genesis could be doing a better job with their website. I certainly could be a part of the solution, but I chose to get out of the car business 3 years ago. Instead, since we both agree they are likely secretly watching, maybe they can spend a few extra dollars to hire someone else to do the Gantt chart and plan out a way to make me happy. ;)

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I must agree, their website is fuc*k up! in 2 min. I have found 3 huge bugs! my VIN# doesn't match the car, it says I drive '17 5.0 RWD.....I am not able to see the maintenance for my car.....and some weird double fonts with mileages. This been going on for over a month! Yes, I reported it twice and no respond from them. The problem still exists.

Not sure how is mobile version, but I prefer using laptop than my smartphone, lol

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Most retarded reply ever. Go work for Genesis...they’ll love you.
I'm retired and not interested in going back to work but with 50 years of manufacturing operations and product development experience I probably could help. I'd think they would want you since you seem to know just what they need to do.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I must agree, their website is fuc*k up! in 2 min. I have found 3 huge bugs! my VIN# doesn't match the car, it says I drive '17 5.0 RWD.....I am not able to see the maintenance for my car.....and some weird double fonts with mileages. This been going on for over a month! Yes, I reported it twice and no respond from them. The problem still exists.

Not sure how is mobile version, but I prefer using laptop than my smartphone, lol
Have you tried to re-register a new account? I can see the full service on mine as well as the proper model/vin.

As for the double font a mileage, I have it on one location of the timeline as the two incidents overlap. Under normal circumstances, you have service every 3500 or 7500 miles and on the scale, plenty of room to show the miles. I had something done at 5758 and then at 6164 so the mile tags overlap.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
No, I didn't. I'll give them a call next week and see what they would recommend. I just noticed that the VIN# matches my car, finally, lol
I still have time for my first maintenance, as I qualify for 6,000 miles interval. But I would like to see, what is recommended at that time.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.