Genesis X Concept?

FullMoonWolfie

Registered Member
GTA

Not sure if this has been posted before. Looks like a coupé version of the G80 and squashed a bit?

Edit: C|Net has more photos & YouTube video

Official video

Full presentation

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Not sure if this has been posted before. Looks like a coupé version of the G80 and squashed a bit?

Edit: C|Net has more photos & YouTube video

Official video

Full presentation
Where do I place my order?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think this looks great and well-executed, and I'd love for Genesis to make an electric coupe, but I am doubtful that they will. There have been so many coupe concepts so far but none actually realized. As a potential production car, it has no specs available or insight into how the E-GMP platform is adapted into this. It has little business case as both a luxury GT car (which have bad sales) and as an EV coupe with its long bonnet (not necessary for EVs) and only 2 doors vs all other large EV sedan competition. If Genesis really wanted to be "audacious" like all their marketing for this, they'd commit to production for this as a design statement and halo car despite its unreasonable but emotional form factor vs an EV 4 door crossover.

Last edited:

Dunlop77

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Wow I want it now but give it a V8 option

FullMoonWolfie

Registered Member
GTA
I didn't notice it until someone mentioned on Jalopnik: The photos of the concept has opposite direction wheels on the same side. :rolleyes:

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
It looks really finished for a concept... I'd buy one - bring back the 5.0!

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I predict this one is going to be a reality within 12-18 months, the media coverage surrounding the Genesis X sort of remind me on the original 2009 model reveal, and it does fit within the leaked road map from back when:
Genesis Roadmap - 1129980

As much as I love the V8, there seems to be no escaping the EV wave, so although I already have a Cyber truck down payment and everything ready when my name comes up, I will have no choice but to switch tracks if this beautiful thing is ready to drive out of the showroom floor by then and simply leap frog the Turbo thing as I had enough of that back in the 90s across the pond before moving here and had at least one V8 on the drive way ever since.

Last edited:

G-644393

Car is quite too long for a sports coupe like those gigantic Mustangs. Get rid of the rear seats and make it more compact.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If this was available, with an electric powertrain and atleast competitive range/power as compared to the Teslas, Id snag one up tomorrow. But I think its a long ways off. However, in positive news, the new EV Kia will be coming out with a powerful 550ish triple motor setup for its new SUV in late 2022. Perhaps this technology could slither into Genesis sooner rather than later. Until then, I may change to a Model 3 Performance.

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Why such a long hood if it's electric?

IMHO, that design decision would have been a node to the long hood, short deck classic GT design, to invoke a sense of the underlying performance and sophistication of this concept.
Other manufacturers are pursuing the same end goal, such as the Audi E-Tron GT, although to my eyes I find the Genesis X concept a more refined, pleasing and less ?busy? design.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners