glad I got the Hi Trac

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
got about six inches of snow here in Seattle, it's a real problem with the hills and slick roads with well below freezing temps at night. So far it's been a good performer in the snow.View attachment 17993
In another thread a couple of posters went on about how they have no problem with RWD. Yeah, you can do it but I still like the HTrack in snow. Very sure footed and you get a heated steering wheel.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
got about six inches of snow here in Seattle, it's a real problem with the hills and slick roads with well below freezing temps at night. So far it's been a good performer in the snow.
That's good to hear, thanks. Did you clean the snow off the windows before leaving? :)

Seriously, though, when we had a rare snowfall of a few inches here in the south several years ago, I saw a few people driving with only small parts of the front and rear windshields clear of snow.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
No need to clear the snow off the windshield or rear window with the G90.
Just clear the sun roof , only one glass to clear, open it and you can see all around.
You can start the car and set the temp with the smart phone app. Nice to warm
the car before entering. Would have been even nicer if we could turn on the
steering wheel and seat heat also.
Great HTRAC system for your area of the country.
Did you get the 3,3T or the 5.0

karasdad

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle, WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
3.3T HTrac, yes, I do wish the seats and steering wheel would heat up automatically with the Blue Link app, would be great if the rear defroster could also be turned on remotely.

SoCalG90Lvr

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My 3.3T HTrac lacks snow performing exposure. Glad she has it though. It's the daily salt bath that's really gonna test'r.

four

Supporting Member
Michigan
You're probably a better manual reader than me, but I didn't know about "snow" drive mode on the G80 until after my first winter, so make sure you find that if you haven't. One presses and holds the drive mode button to enable it.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
You're probably a better manual reader than me, but I didn't know about "snow" drive mode on the G80 until after my first winter, so make sure you find that if you haven't. One presses and holds the drive mode button to enable it.
Oddly, there are some features that are on the G80 but not the G90. Snow mode is one of them, AFAIK.

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Never heard of snow mode! I'm in the Seattle area and about to venture out in sloppy snow conditions (about 6" until I hit the freeway.) So, what does snow mode do? I have the AW drive G80 and looking forward to giving it a test this morning.

jimmy buoy

Getting familiar with the group...
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
From what I've read it does a few things. Starts off in 2nd gear, reduces the throttle sensitivity, upshifts to higher gears quicker than usual, and splits the torque front/rear to 50/50. All of these are to help wheel slip. Cool system.
The only time I've used it was unintentionally when our cat stood on the drive selector button long enough to engage "snow mode" and I thought there was something seriously wrong with the car since it seemed to have no pep and I really had to dig into the throttle to get going. It was hot and dry weather, but I did notice the dash colour had changed from it's regular blue to white. I hit the drive button and it went back to normal. The car felt lethargic being in snow mode, but that's because I was prepared for a normal launch in hot/dry conditions. I can see it useful in deep snow. The car has yet to see those conditions...

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Update to Seattle snow (actually Lynnwood about 15 miles north). Situation this morning. Remains of sloppy wet 6" snow frozen solid overnight. Just before this shot, my neighbor in a non AWD vehicle started out and promptly got stuck. Had to push him back into this driveway where he installed chains and then barely made it out. The street had a mild upslope to the corner.

After he departed, I put my G80 AWD in snow mode and was able to make it up the corner where it leveled out and away I went on my chore. Would ECO be my best second choice is this situation? The snow was frozen solid.

Attachments

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Update to Seattle snow (actually Lynnwood about 15 miles north). Situation this morning. Remains of sloppy wet 6" snow frozen solid overnight. Just before this shot, my neighbor in a non AWD vehicle started out and promptly got stuck. Had to push him back into this driveway where he installed chains and then barely made it out. The street had a mild upslope to the corner.

After he departed, I put my G80 AWD in snow mode and was able to make it up the corner where it leveled out and away I went on my chore. Would ECO be my best second choice is this situation? The snow was frozen solid.
Eco would be like snow mode lite.
This may help

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.