Going in for test drive this Friday

aweetod

Going for test drive for the 3.3 this Friday at Cherry Hill NJ. Anyone purchase a car from the dealer before?

Anything you would have wished you would have known prior to test drive or tested during test drive ? Thanks.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm currently waiting for CHG to get me a car, G80 3.3T Polar Ice. Hopefully going to have it soon. Genesis doesn't seem to have a good way for the Dealers to see readily available stock. I think I've got a pretty fair deal in place. This is actually the second car I've bought from this outfit.

Actually did 2 test drives, one during the day then another at night. First drive was with Taylor, second was "see you later, be back before we close" drive.

Both Taylor McGlone and the GM, Greg Pollice have been great.

Don

Nd1017

Registered Member
I got my 3.3 from cherry hill in nov. well technically since they had to obtain mine from a sister dealership in north jersey. I’m not quite sure since my sales guy is no longer with cherry hill genesis, but they’re all pretty nice. I didn’t really ask a lot of questions since I knew this was the car I wanted and appeared like I knew more about it than they did at the time.

They also had no issue with me testing a 2018 g80 while I was also there since they had one at a steal at the time.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Any update on your experience? Closest one to me is Freehold Hyundai/Genesis. Although, Cherry Hill might be equidistant.

aweetod

Any update on your experience? Closest one to me is Freehold Hyundai/Genesis. Although, Cherry Hill might be equidistant.
Experience was good. Depending on what you looking for especially the 3.3, not a lot of deals are going on. They actually sold the 3.3 I was supposed to test drive prior to my appointment. Thankfully they had a 3.3 that didn't finish doing dealer testing with that they actually let me try. The roads around the area are pretty much straight shots, no curves, so mainly testing acceleration.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Experience was good. Depending on what you looking for especially the 3.3, not a lot of deals are going on. They actually sold the 3.3 I was supposed to test drive prior to my appointment. Thankfully they had a 3.3 that didn't finish doing dealer testing with that they actually let me try. The roads around the area are pretty much straight shots, no curves, so mainly testing acceleration.
What color car did you drive?

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What was your takeaway? Good, bad, indifferent? Did you try to work up any numbers? Was the staff knowledgeable?

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have to say that the Sales/Test Drive experience when I bought my G80 was disappointing. Of course the three dealerships I visited were all Hyundai Dealerships, so hopefully with dedicated Genesis Dealerships things have improved.

In each case I made an appointment for a test drive of at least two models, and was given a time and a person to see. In each case when I walked in, no one knew anything about the appointment and the person I saw was not the person assigned in the appointment. It was merely the next person in line to see a customer. In every case I got someone who knew nothing about Genesis, and in two of the cases had never been in a Genesis before.

In one case I specifically made an appointment to drive a 3.8 and a 5.0 to compare the power and drive characteristics. I was given a guy who had worked for the dealership for two weeks. We drove the 3.8, but although they had 3 in inventory, he couldn't find a 5.0. We drove around to remote lots with the key fob looking for blinking lights with no luck. We did eventually find one, but it had a dead battery. That was at Route 46 Hyundai in Hackettstown.

Cherry Hill is a dedicated Genesis dealer so I hope your experience is better. If you have an appointment, I'd suggest that you call the person you are supposed to see and make sure he will be there and is expecting you and let him know what you are expecting.

I eventually bought from Lehigh Valley Hyundai because I have had great experience with their service department. The Sales experience was terrible. I got a complete neophyte who was in his first job at a dealership. It took hours to write the sales contract as he kept having to go back to the manager to ask how to do things.

I'm in New Jersey and I still don't have a dedicated Genesis Dealer anywhere nearby in NJ or PA, But Lehigh Valley Hyundai continues to do great job servicing my G80.

aweetod

What was your takeaway? Good, bad, indifferent? Did you try to work up any numbers? Was the staff knowledgeable?
Car was great. Pretty much straight lines, driving wise. Acceleration definitely put a smile on my face. Can see my self getting it trouble pretty quick with that type of speed so easily. Only 1 round about but couldn't get much info out of that in regards to cornering. I had an appointment with Jose, but he was busy with the sale of the 3.3 G70 i mentioned above, so I actually met with another sales person. I been watching all the reviews and been creeping the forum for a while, so I knew probably more info than all the staff there as i heavily research a car prior to purchase. Car purchase is for May, so i just worked up brief numbers, but they didn't have much going on besides the $1000 off that I see in all genesis dealers. Plus I currently drive Mazda so no conquest offer. I'm not purchasing car right away so didn't further heckle with pricing. They states that dealers are going to start getting more cars in the next couple of months, so better deals should be coming. Otherwise pretty normal dealer experience. Didn't feel pressured into buying and they were willing to show me all the colors that I was interested in even if they were G80s. And they didn't pestered me the next day with voicemails so I appreciated that.

Test drove a IS350 the same day. Definitely less torque, more luxury than sport compared to the G70. Steering did feel sharper on the IS. Tech wise G70 hands down. I easily got the dealer to 0 down for $600 a month 36/12000 miles a year without even breaking a sweat.

AWD and 300+ hp, without going German is pretty limited. Only other car I even considered briefly was Q50.

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A little off topic, but impressed with Cherry Hill Genesis service as it's my first time here. At the place right now as I got off work early and had time to get my wheels and suspension checked after hitting a crater at highway speeds. They have a dedicated service manager who was courteous and led me to a dedicated service waiting room for Genesis owners. The room is code locked to prevent Hyundai owners from entering, lol. Way better sevice so far compared to what I got for my Hyundai Genesis at other PA Hyundai dealers.

Shame they don't offer more deals for the G70 because they have great service and sales people here.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.