Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Jkon

Registered Member
Livonia MI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
In case anyone has a need for parts ...After a recent purchase Rock Auto sent me the following discount code...138333392128039896...should be good for 5% savings...EXPIRES July 12,2020....enter this code in the "how did you hear about us box"...cannot be applied once an order is marked as shipped..no limit on order size or number of orders.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just paid $54 for two jugs of Mobile 1 EP, plus $35 for the oil change at the dealer (yes, I know that 3 years of maintenance is included, but I don't want to wait until 7000 miles to change my oil, and I certainly want to make sure they're using full synthetic). Subscribed.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mobil's rebate info is here.

Mobil 1™ Rebate login

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just paid $54 for two jugs of Mobile 1 EP, plus $35 for the oil change at the dealer (yes, I know that 3 years of maintenance is included, but I don't want to wait until 7000 miles to change my oil, and I certainly want to make sure they're using full synthetic). Subscribed.
One of those links should list the qualifying resellers, and if your store is on there, you should be able to get the rebate.

Walmart was on there, they typically have good oil prices.

At the start of this thread I had ordered 5 jugs of PP 5W30 from Amazon for $13-something a jug. After two months, Amazon cancelled the order, saying they were "damaged in shipment". What a bunch of BS! They just didn't want to sell them that cheap. It really pi$$ed me off because I turned down a few other GREAT deals on PP while waiting on the PP I had ordered. At the same time, Amazon has stopped answering their Customer Service number, so of course, they are unreachable. Why do I renew Amazon??

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you can forgive another tangent of mine (sorry, I know I'm horrible at that), my engine seems to be a bit smoother after the oil change from the factory oil.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If you can forgive another tangent of mine (sorry, I know I'm horrible at that), my engine seems to be a bit smoother after the oil change from the factory oil.
I'm with you on that. I used to wonder what was wrong with my new car the way the GDI injectors tapped like crazy, especially when cold. Now that I replaced the conventional Quaker State oil with Pennzoil Platinum, I swear it's quieter. The cold tapping isn't as loud, and once it warms up, I really don't hear it.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If any of you have a gasoline truck, this is a good deal on 5W-30.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...thetic-motor-oil-5-quart-550050319/11986954-p

from Slickdeals:

Shell Rotella Full Synthetic Motor Oil is on sale at AdvanceAutoParts.com for $10.49 each with free in-store pick up. Use coupon code "WIKI25" at check out for an additional 25% off making these $8.35 each! This oil is fine to use in cars even though it says Truck in the name. This oil is even better than Mobil1, it is the same brand that commercial truck drivers use in their trucks, just formulated for gasoline engines instead of Diesel engines. Multiple different oil weights available.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

HawaiiPD

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The NAPA 5-30 Full Synthetic says: "Developed by Valvoline" on the back of the 5 quart jug.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Coincidentally I just bought two this afternoon before I even saw this post. She's due in for a second oil change next week at a local Hyundai dealership.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums