• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

Good Time For A New 2018 G80?

dadgonebroke

Hasn't posted much yet...
Nature Coast of Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
The '19's are on their way soon and there should be some smoking hot deals on 2018's out there right now. I see a dealer in Atlanta that has a new base G80 at $36,994. Anyone have any other leads on some hot deals on G80's?

Last edited:

dadgonebroke

Nature Coast of Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Absolutely- it's a year old but I've had my '12 Genesis for 7 years now. I can't find much info on '18 G80 purchases. If there isn't much sales info out there- I don't know what an actual good deal is. I've had a couple dealers email back offers around $2k off. I was thinking $36k for a base G80 would be fair. One particular dealer showed a $3650 Costco discount.

Last edited:

drumdudeguy

Charlotte NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
$37k sounds like a great deal! I paid about $39k out the door price for my base model last year! Love the car!

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That is how I negotiate all car purchases. The dealer can put whatever you want on the sales receipt (sales tax, dealer fee, ash-tray cleaning fee, airport surcharge, trade-in value, whatever) but I get car A,give you my trade-in, with financing terms B and paying you $X for it.

Do consider some states/counties the tax and registration fees are based on on car sales price MINUS trade in. A higher trade-in value will reduce your tax+registration costs. The savings are relatively minor (%5 sales tax = $50 / $1000 dollar of trade in value), but it's something.

Dealers make money on car price, financing, trade-in and accessories/add-ons. I figure what I am willing to pay BEFORE i go to dealer for a specific vehicle and stick to that number. Always be willing to walk away.

lobewiper1

chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The '19's are on their way soon and there should be some smoking hot deals on 2018's out there right now. I see a dealer in Atlanta that has a new base G80 at $36,994. Anyone have any other leads on some hot deals on G80's?

I bought a 2018 G80 this past January after reading consumer reports and Edmunds reviews. The 2018 sales figures to date are terrible for the G80--I think less than half of last year's sales for the comparable period. I am very concerned about what may happen to resale value (if it hasn't dropped significantly already). Personally, I don't think, all things considered, the Genesis is any better of a buy than its competitors (Audi, Infiniti, BMW) and maybe a worse buy if resale value drops like I think it will.

Sadder but wiser.

lobewiper1

chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
One more thing: Hyundai is going to cut the number of Hyundai dealers who will be able to sell the Genesis by at least half and maybe more. I'm not going to like it if I am going to have to drive halfway across town to get my car serviced in future.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I bought a 2018 G80 this past January after reading consumer reports and Edmunds reviews. The 2018 sales figures to date are terrible for the G80--I think less than half of last year's sales for the comparable period. I am very concerned about what may happen to resale value (if it hasn't dropped significantly already). Personally, I don't think, all things considered, the Genesis is any better of a buy than its competitors (Audi, Infiniti, BMW) and maybe a worse buy if resale value drops like I think it will.

Sadder but wiser.
In 3 to 6 months I think there will be big changes. Advertising and brand publicity will make quite a difference, along with dealers that have direction.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
One more thing: Hyundai is going to cut the number of Hyundai dealers who will be able to sell the Genesis by at least half and maybe more. I'm not going to like it if I am going to have to drive halfway across town to get my car serviced in future.
You dealer may or may not be the one you will use. Concierge service will drive across town for you if need be.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.