• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Got my winter tire set today

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
A few days ago I was notified that my winter tire & wheels that I ordered through Genesis / Hyundai in early October had arrived. I originally ordered the G003 titanium wheels with Continental WinterContact SI tires but these were back ordered so I was given the choice to substitute the Pirelli WinterSottozero 3 tires at the same cost which I did.

Originally I made an appointment to get them installed today but I ended up just picking them up and installing them at home as I've done with all of my cars. I have space in my garage for two sets of tires so storage isn't an issue.

I took a bunch of photos but it looks like I can only attach 10 photos so uploaded them to Imgur and added comments to many of them.

Nice. I got the G003 and X-ICE 3 for the price of the Switch and Continentals. Was offered the Pirelli but declined.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
nice work Van_Nik. i tossed on my winter setup on Saturday as well. i didn;t get lug nuts with my set since the OE nuts fit OK with the Fast Switch wheels.

i'm gonna need a wheel brush to clean between these spokes, that's for sure.

NOTE - while re+re'ing the wheels i noticed a lot of wet leaves, etc, that get packed into a panel seam underneath the vehicle. it's under the rockers adjacent to the doors.

Attachments

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
nice work Van_Nik. i tossed on my winter setup on Saturday as well. i didn;t get lug nuts with my set since the OE nuts fit OK with the Fast Switch wheels.

i'm gonna need a wheel brush to clean between these spokes, that's for sure.

NOTE - while re+re'ing the wheels i noticed a lot of wet leaves, etc, that get packed into a panel seam underneath the vehicle. it's under the rockers adjacent to the doors.
Will have to check those areas. I had lots of leave under my hood close to the firewall.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Still waiting on the Genesis but did get the X-Ice 3 installed on my GTI and I can confirm they are a nice tire. Pretty impressed for a winter, they aren't that much louder on the highway and they track really nicely. Just a bit of block squirm when you go to change lanes and the like which is to be expected. Otherwise they ride really nice and handle well!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
another note for those installing their Genesis OE winter set: the supplier ships the tires with ~42-46 psi. and they are filled with 'special' nitrogen, not just ordinary ~78% N2 found in air. so you'll need to let out some air as needed. the 225/45/18 setup comes with a secondary pressure decal that should be applied to the door jam. it states a 35 psi cold fill.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums