• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Got to test out the brakes yesterday

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was driving down the highway at 120kph and a mule deer doe and fawn decided to cross the road in front of me. The Brembos on this car work very well.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was driving down the highway at 120kph and a mule deer doe and fawn decided to cross the road in front of me. The Brembos on this car work very well.
^ agreed, these brakes grab like crazy. not 'grabby', but they are very strong indeed. glad you avoided impact!

i came from having a similar Akebono 4 piston/2 piston setup with even larger rotors on my Infiniti, but there is no question the Brembos' meet or exceed the Akebonos.

the 'sport pads' exclusive to my 2.0T Sport RWD bite like a shark, but they also dust like a coal mine. makes me appreciate the dark 5-spoke Sport rims which are easy to clean!

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good to hear you made it out safe and sound. More importantly, at 120kph what do the rpm's sit at? JK, it's equally important not more important.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's revving just under 2000rpms if I remember correctly.
edit to add...I found a pic.

Last edited:

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Straight highway in Eco mode is pretty good, which is what that was. This one was filling up and getting on the highway, setting the cruise at 105kph and driving home 35kms. Might have had a tail wind that day, I don't remember.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums